Odyssey cards

I

Istanbul

Originally posted by Zadok001
pwrchild is experimenting, according to her. She has stated only that she wants to know how we react to having no information from her about an upcoming set.
My vote is 'irritated'. I love spending time as a set approaches looking forward to the new cards, watching the slow trickle of information down the pants leg of the Internet. Being without it is...well...lame.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It brings back those "good ol days" (dare I say Golden Years? :p ) of when such info was not released for sets (Fallen Empires and before about? I'm pretty sure the Dark and before...)

M

Mikeymike

I think the expansion symbol is supposed to represent the Disco-Globe from 'Studio 54'.

Has anyone else noticed that the Krosan Beast and the Ad art are both Kev Walker pieces? Well, maybe just me b/c I'm a Walker-art junkie.

I'm glad there is no spoiler. Don't get me wrong, if there was one I'd be the first one to download it. But I think its going to make the PR's that much more fun. They tease us with a few cards and then BAM! 325 brand new, unseen cards hit the table. You'll be like a kid at Christmas all over again. It will take everyone 5-10 minutes to pull their first card from a booster draft. I'm all for it.

I

Istanbul

How to explain my feelings on the topic...

In my MCSE class, we learned that when assigning privileges to groups, you assign the *least* number you can.
Reason?
If you have to add privileges later, that's fine, people won't mind a bit.
But if you have to REMOVE privileges, people tend to dislike that.

I feel much the same way about spoilers. If they had never been, I probably wouldn't miss them...but having had spoilers for the past few years, taking them away leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

C

Cateran Emperor

Firebolt and Mystic Zealot are now officially confirmed!

Firebolt (Common)
R
Sorcery
Firebolt deals 2 damage to target creature or player.
Flashback 4R (You may play this card from your graveyard for its flashback cost. Then remove it from the game.) Reach out and torch someone.
Illus. Ron Spencer

Mystic Zealot (Common)
3W
Creature - Nomad Mystic 2/4
Threshold - Mystic Zealot gets +1/+1 and has flying. (You have threshold as long as seven or more cards are in your graveyard.)
Nomad youths aspire to one of two roles in the tribe: priest or warrior. Their secret dream is to become both.
Illus. Paolo Parente

These are the exact card texts. If you want scans, we have them over on the main page of MTGNews.

I

Ihsans Shade

I've got a few things to say about Krosan Beast, yes threshold is easiliy activated, but lets look at it a second.

3G For a 1/1 Squrriel Beast that looks nothing like a squrriel. That's it. Let's just imagine you don't have seven cards in your graveyard, then what? You have a Gologo 13 1/1 for four mana. Still once threshold is activated your pay one mana for every 2/2 this sucker has. All in all if I were working at InQuest I'd give it a 3 star rating, because you have to wait for threshold to activate.

Well I've rambled enough, smell ya'll later

I am...
Ihsan's Shade

T

theorgg

Actually, Ishan(WELCOME BACK!), if you worked for Inquest, you'd probably give it ****.

Remeber, good things like Thawing Glaciers get **

If you want my opinion, and a Kurt Vonnegut allusion, I think Inquest is full of *s

I

Istanbul

How hard is it to get seven cards into your graveyard?
How hard is it to just cast this guy when...and only when...you already have seven cards into your graveyard?
Unless Odyssey has a decent assortment of cards that remove cards from your graveyard, I think Krosan Beast has the potential to be a serious beating. Now, if we can just get it trample...(Just remember; Flashback and Threshhold do not mix.)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Unless Odyssey has a decent assortment of cards that remove cards from your graveyard
That's what I'm thinking. I mean, this is only 2 cards in a full standalone set. There's probably CIP effects for cards that remove cards from the graveyard, maybe remove cards as an ACC or something...

M

Mikeymike

I don't think its extremely easy to get 7 cards in the graveyard in an efficient manner of time to make the Krosan Beast him worth playing. The fastest way I see right now is using blue draw/discard spells like FoF and Probe, and of course cheap creatures and spells.

Over the course of the game your will get 7 cards into the graveyard relatively easily therefore granting the Beast threshold, but it doesn't always happen that quickly. I want to play this guy as an 8/8 on turn 4, otherwise he is just going to sit in my hand as discard fodder, b/c I can't justify playing a 1/1 for 4 unless its a Hell's Caretaker or Elvish Piper. Sure when I do get threshold he'll be an 8/8 for 4 but by then it might be too late.

I'm not high on the beast right now (in type 2) but I'm sure odyssey is also going to give us graveyard fillers to sweeten the use of threshold. Until then...

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

At least we know why they didn't put Planar Void in 7th.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
But I mentioned reprinting Planar Void in your Flashback and Threshold thread and no one commented on it... so if WOTC reprints it in the set and not 7th, what's the difference?

Still confused... :confused:

I

Ihsans Shade

Thanks orgg. (chucks rock)

All I'm saying is that alot can happen when you try to get seven cards in the graveyard. I personally don't like the whole premise of threshold. I'd ask how it ties into the story (refuges from the conquet of Dominaria?) but I'll just go to the story boards.

I am...
Ihsan's Shade

M

Mundungu

I guess cremate will see quite some play if it slows down treshold, removes a flashback card for the cost of just one black mana (instant cantrip)

I

Ihsans Shade

I agree with that mud. I can see that card be used for alot more than keeping Squees, Serra's Avatars, and Pheonix of Bogarden dead.

I am...
Ihsan's Shade