L

Lotus Mox

I've been playing OBC Sligh a bit lately, here's my decklist:

22 Mountain
2 Barbarian Ring

4 Grim Lavamancer
4 Mad Dog
4 Patchwork Gnomes
2 Fledgling Dragon (maybe Jeska instead?)

4 Firebolt
4 Flame Burst
4 Fiery Temper
4 Violent Eruption

3 Browbeat
3 Firecat Blitz (OBC Fireblast o_0 )

This pile of burn works decently (it has won every game but one so far ;) ), but I haven't played vs. really good decks.
IMO It'll be not easy to outrace Quiet Roar and other green aggro deck, but I haven't had the chance to play vs. such a deck yet.

I haven't really built a sideboard yet, what are heavily played OBC decks and what are good sideboard cards vs. them and generally?
Right now, I'm thinking about Overmaster, Flaring Pain and Breaking Point. Are they worth it and what are some other possibilities?

Let me hear your opinions and suggestions! :)

P

Purple_jester

Your biggest problem is dealing with a 6/6 wurm token which should come out on turns 4, 5 and 6. You should ideally also deal with the fact that these tokens fly (via Wonder). Your gnomes should be able to hold them off for a while, but once they've become winged wurms, you've got a problem. Your SB should deal with the problem appropriately.

Against mono-black, you have to deal with that Nantuko Shade. Again, your gnomes will hopefully help you. Every other black creature dies to cheese.

Oh, and from what I've seen, Jeska is too vulnerable. But she does kill 1/1's. Often.

BTW, how is the interaction between your Lavamancers (which eat graveyard cards) and Fledgeling Dragon (which needs Threshold)?

L

Lotus Mox

IIRC I haven't had a threshold Fledgling Dragon yet, most of the time my opp removed my graveyard somehow or I simply didn't get Threshold before I killed my opp (this deck can be fast ;) ). Lavamancers played only a small role in never getting threshold.

I think I'll take out the Dragons for 2 Jeskas, or maybe even 1 Jeska and 1 Khamal. :)

Nantuko Shades usually also dies to cheese, unless in the late game which I want to avoid, Haunting Echoes is probably a bigger problem.

what's good vs. flying wurm tokens? Breaking Point? Ensnaring Bridge is unfortunately not in Odyssey :)