OBC-GW vs. Tog

T

train

I have my GW deck built and have been testing it within the format and out of the format... Currently it is 5-1.

It has won vs. mono-black, quiet roar, and WW.

My friends are building variants of Tog for me to test against this week,

Can anyone else think of someting besides Confessor and Cease-fire to surprise the Tog. They run base deck, and the deck runs well, but I'm looking for some supreme adjustments base-deck or great sideboard cards - I don't own any Seedtimes - but need them badly.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

N

NorrYtt

Anurid Brushhopper is a fat huge beatstick that dodges Upheaval. They can't Upheave effectively if you have a Brushhopper out. After you pick up all your cards, you have tons of full for the 'Hopper to stall a Psychatog from killing you for a while, at least until you get 3 lands out so Glory holds it off forever.

Protection from black creature will murder 'Tog as well if they don't draw into their bounce. Phantom Centaur has been wrecking decks at my place. 'Tog doesn't like 5/3 creatures it can't block. If you resolve Sylvan Safekeeper + Phantom Centaur, you should win in 4 turns.

Kirtar's Desire is a one mana way to stop 'Tog after Upheaval.

Seedtime is very situational. Twice I've played it and won the next turn because my opponent was tapped out. Once I played it, drew a card, and said go. I recommend playing the creatures that wreck 'Tog and maybe 1 Seedtime so they still have to play around it, though you probably don't have it.

4 Basking Rootwalla
2 Sylvan Safekeeper
4 Wild Mongrel
4 Arrogant Wurm
4 Phantom Centaur
4 Anurid Brushhopper
2 Armadillo Cloak
3 Glory
2 Genesis

T

train

Thanks!!!

I'm running Hoppers - man they're nice!!!

I had the Pantom Centaurs in - but pulled them out because the mono-black control doesn't target. I will look at putting them back in...

The reason I like Cease-Fire is because it's an instant, I get to draw a card - and when the opponent heaves - floating 3, I play cease fire - so Tog doesn't hit the table - and they burn or counter it - either way - no Tog.
Against non-Tog it stops creatures from hitting the table and gives draw advantage.