nuke deck

C

ChRiS

ok i want to know if anyone has any sugestions on what i should put in a red white deck. i want it to be very explosive but still effective.

S

sorcerer

Well a must is the infamous lightning bolt
also if you have it heart of bogardan fits in well you just pump it up turn by turn and use white cards like orim, samite healer, and blessed reversal to keep alive. I know they are hard to get but wall of essence helps. Disenchants are a neccesity, don't want to be caught off gaurd by a worship. Which, by the way, wouldn't hurt to have on your side. Just add some more red direct damage cards, a few more creatures like avalanche riders and ,boom! Stoppable only by a black/blue control and kill deck.

Destiny,chance,fate,fortune-they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures.
-Gerrard of the Weatherlight

D

Daenen

I have built two red/white decks in the last couple of months. Both of them were fun to play, but the one I am using right now, my Sneak Attack deck is really effective. However, the one I built before, was a lot more fun to play. If you're looking for something that will dominate the board (and have about 350 spare bucks lying around)try this:

Lands (22)
8 Mountains
4 City of Brass
4 Sandstone Needles
2 Remote Farms
2 Crystal Veins
1 Dwarven Ruin
1 Ruins of Trokair

Spells (10)
4 Sneak Attack
4 Enlightened Tutor
2 Gamble

Critters (16)
4 Serra Avatars
4 Bloodshot Cyclops
2 Weatherseed Treefolk
2 Endless Wurms
4 Crater Hellions

Artifacts (12)
2 Marble Diamonds
2 Fire Diamonds
4 Grim Monoliths
4 Phyrexian Colossus

Like I said, this is a deck that people will fear, but it'll cost you a lot of money.

The second deck is a lot more fun to play, and is a lot cheaper. I called it my Angry Angel deck. It was built around Angels, which could be brought out into play early by Urza's Incubators (great card). After I was satisfied that I had enough mana on the board, or if I thought that my opponent(s) had too many creatures, I would cast an Earthquake. The deck was rounded out by Walls of Glare, Shocks, Armageddons, Disenchants, Walls of Swords, and a couple of Radiant's Dragoons. It was a lot of fun to play, especially when I threw down two Serra Advocates followed by a 5/5 Radiant on turn 6, which is pretty fast for a white deck. Thran Dynamoes don't help in this deck. What does help is the depletion lands from Mercadian Masques. Round one, Remote farm. Round two, Plains, tap all mana for an Urza's Incubator. Round three, plains, tap all lands for a Voice of Duty and a Voice of Reason. hehehe.

Power does not corrupt. Power attracts the Corruptable.
-Bene Geserit teaching

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
The Pony Deck I posted here a couple months ago could be very explosive, but it was actually more of a control deck (w/Wraths, Earthquakes, Disenchant, etc.).

If you're into type 1 you could try the classic combo of Mana Flare, Manabarbs, Power Surge, Candelabra of Tawnos, Earthquake, etc. and augment with Greater Realms and ROP:Red's to go along with the obligatory COP:Red's. Throw in those other 2 red cards (the names escape me at the moment); the one that nails a player for casting more than 1 spell in a turn, and the one that nails a player for not casting anything in a given turn, season to taste with Energy Bolts and Enlightened Tutors, and VIOLA instant headache on the part of your opponents!

As far as type 2 is concerned, I'm currently toying with an Aether Flash/Repercussion deck that uses Caltrops for early control, Wraths and 'Quakes for the midgame, and Opalescence for a kill card.

The only thing I can't seem to figure out is how to keep my own enchantments alive when I Replenish!

TomB
CPA Member

[Edited by TomB (01-06-2000 at 03:42 AM).]

"I do not teach. I simply reveal."
-Daudi, Femeref tutor