NOT "The Deck"

Discussion in 'Casual Decks/Variants/Etc' started by Killer Joe, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Killer Joe Active Member

A Multi-Player "Deck" a.k.a. "Seinfeld"
    2 Lightning Angels (AP)

1 Charcoal Diamond (MG)
    4 Counterspell (5th Ed)
    3 Disenchant (TM)
    2 Disrupting Scepter (4th Ed.)
    2 Death Grasp (AP)
    1 Enlightened Tutor (6th Ed.)
    1 Fire Diamond (MG)
    2 Forbid (EX)
    1 Insidious Dreams (TO)
    1 Jayemdae Tome (7th Ed.)
    1 Kismit (6th Ed.)
    1 Marble Diamond (MG)
    1 Moss Diamond (MG)
    4 Propaganda (TM)
    2 Pyroblast (IA)
    1 Reclaim (EX)
    2 Rout (IN)
    1 Sky Diamond (MG)
    4 Swords to Plowshares (4th Ed.)
    2 Teferi¡¦s Moat (IN)
    1 Unnerve (UZ)

1 Battlefield Forge (AP)
    4 Coastal Tower (IN)
    3 Grand Coliseum (ON)
    4 Island (P: 2nd Age)
    3 Plains (MM)
    1 Salt Marsh (IN)
    1 Shivan Gorge (UZ)
    2 Shivan Reef (AP)
    2 Wasteland (TM)

This deck was loosely based on Brian Weissman's "The Deck" (Oscar Tan would have a field day with this list :().

The Propagandas and Routs really help protect me from an onslaught. I don¡¦t really need the Black or Red but I liked the idea of having a smidge of disruption in the deck.

The Scepters are killer if they hit especially if I can Unnerve the turn prior.

Without an Ivory Tower I couldn¡¦t see a way to gain life so I added a couple of Death Grasps to pull double duty as removal and life-gain.

Nothing can ever replace the Moxes but the Diamonds do help with mana acceleration.

I originally put in two Serra Angels but decided that the Lightnings did a great job too and a turn quicker.

I probably should use City of Brass, I actually have them in another deck (maybe proxies could be had to handle this job).

I have only goofed around with this deck and have yet to actually play it in a multi-player game. The folks I play against in multi-player games are good players and I am known, to them, as having decks that do the Seinfeld; N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

My goal (as always) is not to "WIN" but rather, "Not To Lose".

Mark Ortego
    This is Yellowjacket
  2. train The Wildcard!!!...

the deck looks fine to me... except for the blue...

but I'll tell you the 2 things to make your opponents made at oyu the fastest in MP are Armageddon and Apocalypse...