Not-so-new new player!?

C

CanadianBrad

Hey all,

I'm Brad, and I'm a fledgling Magic addict(Hi, Brad). I enjoy life-gain decks with sadistic tendencies and long walks to the fridge.

In all seriousness, I'm glad I found this place. I spent some time looking at a bunch of forums, and everything seemed to be very competitively geared, toward tournament play and such. I'm a kitchen table-type player of the Johnny persuasion, and so the cut-and-paste tournament decks and ultra-competitive mentality just don't do it for me.

Anyway, I learned this game a little over a decade ago with my older and younger brother, when I was just a lad. I stepped away from it for a long time, drawn into other hobbies. Anyway, I've got a little girl now, and so I found that hobbies like this, that can be done relatively inexpensively at the kitchen table, quietly with my girlfriend over a drin, are a little more geared to my lifestyle needs right now.

Anyway, I'm going to be haunting around for awhile, talking strategy and learning some stuff, and maybe digging up a game or two. This is just me sayin' hi.

Brad

turgy22

Nothing Special
Awesome.

Hi Brad. I think a lot of the regulars here share your background (I know I do). I think usually if a player is serious enough to scrounge around the internet looking for Magic-related content, they're usually too serious for this place. I'm sure you'll quickly discover (if you haven't already) that this is an extremely small, extremely tight-knit community. But because there's so few of us, we're very quick to accept any new people that stop by, unlike some other bigger sites, where you can sort of get lost in the crowd. Don't hesitate to talk about anything you want. I hope you stick around.

And congratulations on getting your girlfriend to play.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Hey Brad.
Join a game, start a thread or just add to what's already going on.
Good times are had by all at Mothers.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome aboard! I gotta say, I almost deleted you as a spam member with the "Canadian" in your username, but decided to chance it :) Glad I did.

Do you remember what question did the registration process asked you?

C

CanadianBrad

Welcome aboard! I gotta say, I almost deleted you as a spam member with the "Canadian" in your username, but decided to chance it :) Glad I did.

Do you remember what question did the registration process asked you?
I think I went through a couple of registration questions before I got the right answer. It was "life-link", and asked me something along the lines of "What ability raises the caster's life?"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think I went through a couple of registration questions before I got the right answer. It was "life-link", and asked me something along the lines of "What ability raises the caster's life?"
Cool, so if you had to go through the process several time, that means the bots and spammers are having a hard time as well :)