Nominations for Torment Casual Card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Post 'em and the reasons here! Nominations end next Mondat 3/5 at 7:00 AM EST. The Casual Card Committee members cannot nominate.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
RADIATE!!!!! RADIATE!!!!!!!!! MY SPELL WILL TARGET EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ransac, cpa trash man

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
When this set was in Standard, I owned cards up to Apocalypse and a few Odyssey cards, but I only used cards up to Prophecy. However, I was playing a lot because I was still in high school, and my opponents were using these cards all the time. Most of the Torment cards I remember were utility or situational creatures. One huge exception was Cabal Coffers. It was found in probably all of the black decks I played against at the time. Kids would be packing Drain Life or Pestilence or Looming Shade into decks, and the Coffers would supercharge those cards. They'd drop multiple Corrupts in one turn. They'd activate the Coffers, play Yawgmoth's Will, replay all of their Dark Rituals and Cabal Rituals, then play Drain Life.

Thankfully, I had Force of Will, which I put into every deck because I was playing control instead of combo back then, but that's another matter...

Cabal Coffers is the new Lake of the Dead, and it's better. It gives more mana and doesn't kill its own food supply. And yet it's balanced. It's one of the more powerful cards in the set, but pales in comparison to effects like Madness and Threshold.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Skullscorch RR
Target player discards two cards at random from his or her hand unless that player has Skullscorch deal 4 damage to him or her.

I really liked these cards that made your opponent make difficult decisions.

D

DarthFerret

I have to go with my favorite Squirrel/Saproling boost....

Parallel Evolutions

The whole flashback thing is awesome, and the effect is really sweat!

The first time I played 2 of them back to back and turned 8 squirrels into 128 squirrels and then played an overrun....well..that cinched it for me!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going to nominate Transcendence because it's a pretty tricky card to build a deck around. So tricky that I'm pretty sure it'll never be in a tourney deck, but definitely something to tinker against your friends.

D

DarthFerret

KJ wants a certain card nominated...and no one has done it yet :D

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Spiderman said:
I'm going to nominate Transcendence because it's a pretty tricky card to build a deck around. So tricky that I'm pretty sure it'll never be in a tourney deck, but definitely something to tinker against your friends.
I think Transcendence is a perfectly good nomination. But wasn't it in a tournament deck in some format with Forsaken Wastes?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Anybody can nominate cards..... Come on you lurkers, just post a card you liked from the set.........

Killer Joe

Oversoul said:
I think Transcendence is a perfectly good nomination. But wasn't it in a tournament deck in some format with Forsaken Wastes?
That's easy research: Just go to SCG and look it up. :rolleyes:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Beats me. I don't follow the tourney scene too closely.

Final Nominations:

Radiate - Ransac, orgg
Cabal Coffers - Oversoul
Skullscorch - Mooseman
Parallel Evolutions - DarthFerret
Transcendence - Spidey

Closed for voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.