Nominations for SOK Casual Card

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Post 'em and the reasons here! Nominations end Monday, 7/23 at 7:00 AM EDT.

Committee members: DarthFerret, TomB, Mooseman

E

Ephraim

I nominate Measure of Wickedness. I have never had a card that awoke the Johnny spirit in me quite like that card did. It's the sort of card that makes one wonder, "How could you possibly win with a card like that?" Then, when you see it happen, it's such a marvel that you can't look away.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Mikokoro, Center of the Sea.

Something about letting everybody draw seems very casual player friendly to me.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Ephraim said:
I have never had a card that awoke the Johnny spirit in me quite like that card did. It's the sort of card that makes one wonder, "How could you possibly win with a card like that?" Then, when you see it happen, it's such a marvel that you can't look away.
Seems pretty obvious to me. It looks a lot like a mini-Illusions with a built-in Donate.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Where is your nomination?

Comment, then nominate...... come on people, there are few nominations, but lots of flak about the pick........

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
This set has some pretty nice cards, but I'm hardly familiar with it. I like Measure of Wickedness because I used to always play Donate/Illusions back in like 2002-2004 and it's a less broken and more black take on the same concept. Plus it seems like it could be fun in multiplayer to see people trying to pass it around and not lose the life. I also like Freed from the Real. Being able to shut down an opponent's attacker or utility creature is nice. Being able to turn any creature into a Horseshoe Crab is even better. A card that can do either of those is great.

However, despite being the biggest fan ever of Tendrils of Agony (which I've decided is the greatest card ever--even better than Dwarven Pony), I'm also a fan of Arcane Laboratory. And despite usually spurning flip cards and the slough of legendary creatures in this block with crappy names, this one is basically cooler than Arcane Laboratory. So I nominate Erayo, Soritami Ascendent.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Oversoul said:
However, despite being the biggest fan ever of Tendrils of Agony (which I've decided is the greatest card ever--even better than Dwarven Pony), ...

You have earned yourself the wrath of 1,000 angry Dwarven Ponies and Pearled Unicorns.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nominations so far:

Measure of Wickedness - Ephraim
Mikokoro, Center of the Sea - Ransac
Eryao, Soritami Ascendant - Oversoul

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
3 nominations? And people have the gumption to complain about a selection?
Come on folks, it takes 1 or 2 minutes to nominate a card.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Mooseman said:
3 nominations? And people have the gumption to complain about a selection?
Come on folks, it takes 1 or 2 minutes to nominate a card.
Hey, I've never missed a nomination and I'm the biggest complainer there is!

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Oversoul said:
Hey, I've never missed a nomination and I'm the biggest complainer there is!
Then complain about the quantity of nominations ....... If we say it loud enough, for long enough, they might get annoyed enough to nominate......
:D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, I forgot... if it's not too late, here's mine:

Pain's Reward. Who doesn't like a good bidding game?

Final nominations:

Measure of Wickedness - Ephraim
Mikokoro, Center of the Sea - Ransac
Eryao, Soritami Ascendant - Oversoul
Pain's Reward - Spiderman

Closed for voting.

D

DarthFerret

Sorry, that trip made it difficult to do anything else. I did send my imput today though, so as not to hold this up any further