Nominations for Scourge Casual Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Post 'em and the reasons here! Nominations end next Monday, 4/30 at 7:00 AM EDT.

Committee members: Killer Joe, Limited, BigBlue

D

DarthFerret

Day of the Dragons. What better than 5/5 blue dragons?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
It probably has a snowball's chance of winning, but I nominate Tendrils of Agony. I might be a bit biased...

The storm cards, but mostly this one, changed combo strategies forever. And casual players can use combo decks too. I loathed storm when it first came out, because I liked playing more traditional combo decks and the change was so drastic.

Before Scourge, the idea was to get two or three cards into play that all worked together to have some powerful effect. But with Tendrils, that strategy became obsolete. Rather than stringing eight spells together all to put two more on the table that could win you the game, the "combo" became just one card fueled by the spells that came before it. More efficient, harder to stop, and the possible combinations to get the lethal Tendrils out there are virtually endless. Really, it doesn't even need to be a lethal tendrils. You can hit, gain a bunch of life from the Tendrils, reload, and play another or kill with some other card.

It has been used as the primary kill in some very broken decks, but I would argue that things like Yawgmoth's Will and Mind's Desire are the broken elements there. Tendrils is just an effective finish for them.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Pemmin's Aura
Why?
1) It's blue
2) It does a lot of things
3) It's useful even when not in a combo
4) Did I mention it's blue....

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'm also going to nominate a dragon-themed enchantment, Form of the Dragon. For the first time, Magic players got the ability to "experience" the game as a creature. Not just any creature, either. You got to be a fricking's 5/5 flying Dragon!!!! How many of you how every wanted to have the ability to shoot fireballs out of your mouth, laying waste to your enemies?!..... huh? Just me? Oh well. It's still the most casual card. :D

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
He's going to try to convince us that Mind's Desire or Eternal Dragon is casual. I say we pelt him with buckeyes until he stops thinking.

*Ransac chucks a heavy buckeye at Spidey.*

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wait, buckeyes? those chocolate and peanut butter things? Those are the only good things to come out of Ohio.... well..... ever....... :D

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Spiderman said:
It's coming.. I still have another day :)
He's going to go "I Mind's Desire" and then "nominations so far..." but our nominations will be replaced by Eternal Dragon, Call to the Grave, etc.

Then he'll close the thread. :p

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Two great cards stand out: Karona, False God and Forgotten Ancient. Both are great in multiplayer...

And I'm gonna go with Forgotten Ancient, because you don't have to pass it around to your opponents :)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Hey. That's a good nomination, actually. I guess we were wrong about your affiliation with Eternal Dragon...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Final nominations:

Day of Dragons - DarthFerret
Tendrils of Agony - Oversoul
Pemmin's Aura - Mooseman
Form of the Dragon - Ransac
Forgotten Ancient - Spidey

Closed for voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.