Nominations for Planar Chaos Casual Card

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Post 'em and the reasons here! Nominations end Monday, 10/29 at 7:00 AM EDT.

Committee members: Ephraim, Killer Joe, rokapoke

Melkor

Braid's Conjurer Adept.

The moment I look at this card, I start coming up with a great variety of deck ideas and all of them are quite casual.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Dash Hopes

Counter spell in black is way to cool. Now black blue control decks can go crazy and you don't have to hold back 2 islands, it could be 2 swamps (or their equivalent)
And the opponent life loss to counter it isn't that much of a drawback.....
Counter spell or lose 5 life for BB is a bargain.......

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Chronozoa

I don't know about you guys, but I love finding ways to make this guy go off early. Paradox Haze is the most common, but multiplying this go over and over again used to be a fun challenge for me!

Ransac, cpa trash man

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I found this set disappointing. I like the concept, but the individual cards themselves are usually underpowered or uninteresting. There are some cool ones though. I have a few favorites based on what I might find practical (the black Spirit Link or the green Curiosity), but the card that seems to show the most potential for cool interactions is Heroes Remembered. One mana to gain 20 life--literally half the cost of Goblin Bomb's two mana to deal 20 damage. It turns any card with a life payment ability into a ticking time bomb. And it's versatile too: if you can't stall for 10 turns, you can try paying its "alternate" casting cost of nine mana instead.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nominations so far:

Braid's Conjuror Adept - Melkor
Dash Hopes - Mooseman
Chronozoa - Ransac
Heroes Remembered - Oversoul

Melkor

While we're at it, it should be "Braids, Conjurer Adept." I misplaced the punctuation, Braids is a Conjurer Adept, she doesn't own a Conjurer Adept.

R

rokapoke

Spiderman said:
Post 'em and the reasons here! Nominations end Monday, 10/29 at 7:00 AM EDT.

Committee members: Ephraim, Killer Joe, rokapoke

I just want everyone to know, I'm not actually a deadbeat. I just happened to check this thread today and have discovered that I'm a committee member. Who knew?

G

Gizmo

Wild Pair

In a set defined by showing you cards you've already seen, Wild Pair stands out as something new.

G

Gizmo

Well, I did all the European GPs last year, this year Rich moved on to doing Pro Tours and the like and I figured that he'd have more chance if he was doing it with Randy Buehler and BDM than if he was doing it with me, so I stepped down. It also sucked up all my holiday days from work, every GP needed 2 or 3 days off, and a PT was more like 4 or 5.

So having not done anything since GP Athens last year I was really lucky to be given the chance to do text coverage of PT Valencia earlier this month. That was really awesome, the Pro Tours are a whole bigger deal than the GPs. And of course, it was the first Pro Tour EVER to have a day cancelled, and I was right on the spot for the venue flooding, for telling the players that it was cancelled, and in the top-level WotC meetings to decide if/how they should proceed with the rest of the Pro Tour. It was fantastic to be able to step behind the curtain and sit alongside the heads of R&D and chat away... really reaffirmed my faith that the game is being run by the right people and in the right way.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
rokapoke: You're still a deadbeat! ;)

Gizmo: Good to see you back! What brought you by?

I'll nominate Dichotomancy. Since hardly anyone plays a Highlander deck, this seems like it would be kinda funny :)

Final nominations:

Braids, Conjuror Adept - Melkor
Dash Hopes - Mooseman
Chronozoa - Ransac
Heroes Remembered - Oversoul
Wild Pair - Gizmo
Dichotomancy - Spiderman

Closed for voting.