Nominations for Odyssey Casual Card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I'm first, I'm first

Battle of Wits

Tons of casual players were already playing with huge decks, so this card gave them a win condition based on unique deck building skills.
Even though a few decks were built to exploit this card, it was the champion of the casual mountain of card deck builders.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Man, Odyssey kind of sucks. I don't know. It came out right after I stopped playing for a while. I've never used most of these cards.

Innocent Blood is pretty awesome. I nominate it.

L

Limited

Arg! This set has too many cards I want to nominate.

Seeing that the committee has issued complaints about a lack of nominations, perhaps we should allow people to nominate more than one (say, three) cards?

Just a thought.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Atogatog (It's an Atogatog)
Chatter of the Squirrel (Squirrel #1)
Squirrel Nest (Squirrel #2)
Squirrel Mob (Squirrel #51)
Graceful Antelope (It has plainswalk...)
Holistic Wisdom (I dunno, but at the time, this card was always in my casual decks that had green in them)
Iridescent Angel (my selection)

Any of these cards (to me) would be suitable candidates for nomination. However, Iridescent Angel had something that nothing else had considered before: Protection from all Colors. Not "Cannot be Targeted by Spells or Abilities". Protection from all Colors.

On top of that, it wasn't too entirely broken. At a hefty cost of 5UW, you'd have to be playing for the long game (another casual trait in my opinion), but with it's high cost, it wasn't too easy to Upheaval and float mana for it. It get my nomination.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I think 1 nomination per person is plenty.

However, I did SUGGEST other nominations. ;)

Ransac, cpa trash man

O

orgg

Werebear.

I ~STILL~ enjoy playing that guy more than I should.

Where a bear? There a bear!

D

DarthFerret

Sorry, but I have to go with the squirrels! If I could be any card it would be the squirrel wrangler (that is just way too cool a job!). So therefore my nomination is Squirrel Nest

D

DarthFerret

Vote for the

...\........~~~.))
..(\__/)...'.....))))
../o o .\/......~
{o_,....\....{
.../ ,. , )....\
...`~ .'-' \....} ))
.._(....(...)_.'
'---..{____}

NEST

Melkor

Wait, who is on the committee right now? Shouldn't either Ransac or Killer Joe be unable to nominate?

Status
Not open for further replies.