Nominations for Guildpact Casual Card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Post 'em and the reasons here! Nominations end Monday, 8/13 at 7:00 AM EDT.

Committee members: TomB, Mooseman, Ephraim

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
There are some nice cards in this set. A few that caught my eye were new takes on broken cards that could still be playable, but not broken. Castigate, for example.

I looked through the whole set for something that would be awesome for a casual card hall of fame, because I didn't want to nominate another cheesy rare and I already had one in mind. Well, I always liked the nephilim ever since I first saw them in this thread and I thought the whole concept was done very nicely--except for Ink-treader, which seems to be junk.

While my personal favorite from the whole bunch is Witch-Maw, I'm going to go with the one that I think would be the most flashy in a casual game. I nominate Dune-Brood Nephilim.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't played with this set that much, so from what I can tell, Ulasht, the Hate Seed seems to be a cool card to play around with.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
There's only two final nominees? Should we just end this due to lack of interest?

Final Nominees:

Dune-Brood Nephilim - Oversoul
Ulasht, the Hate Seed - Spiderman

Closed for voting if the committee isn't voting already...

N

Notepad

Huh? Guildpact was RG BW and UR, right? Boy, I've had a lot of fun with some of those newer cards. I especially liked the UR untapper Tim. So, my nomination has to be, hands down:

GELECTRODE!

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I think we should re-open it to allow for a few more entries, since most of us prolly forgot about it and 2 entries is just too lame to contemplate...:(

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'm still not nominating anything. This set was boring.

NO!!!! I'm not doing it!!!!!

okay.... fine. I'll nominate TIbor and Lumia

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac, cpa trash man

N

Notepad

People seriously didn't like this set? I figured it would be a casual playground thanks to RG being prominent. Not saying folks here, just that I notice most casual groups have a fondness for either B or G or GR, with the newer or low-cardpool players favoring GR by a longshot. I actually liked it a lot, and ironically, the downside were the crappy keywords in the set. Totally hate bloodlust or whatever its called.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Only Ransac doesn't like it casual-wise. The rest of us here either nominated or haven't, for some odd reason...

Nominations so far:

Dune-Brood Nephilim - Oversoul
Ulasht, the Hate Seed - Spiderman
Gelectrode - Notepad
Tibor and Lumia - Ransac
Killer Instinct - train

Status
Not open for further replies.