Nominations for Exodus Casual Card!

L

Limited

Two of my favorite cards are Entropic Specter and Ravenous Baboons. The specter is just great fun in multiplayers, filling up someone's hand while making somebody else discard and the baboons were a way to stick it 'the rich guy' who had a deck filled with non-basic land while you were playing all basic all the time.

But I'll nominate Mogg Assassin.

The randomness is weird, but the politics are overwhelming. Definitely a card for multiplayer.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I nominate Spellbook. Exodus has some cool power rares that would also be contenders for me. But Spellbook was the first (with the non-notable exception of Anvil of Bogardan) and best at doing something many players (myself included) found to be particularly special. There were all sorts of spells that could load you up on cards, but for those that want to have some fun and keep those cards around for a while, Spellbook has consistently remained one of the best options.

Tag Guard

D

DarthFerret

I have to go with Coat of Arms. It was a really good idea, and a whole new concept, all rolled up into a great artifact. It gave other tribal decks a fighting chance against our last winner, the Slivers!

Tag Guard

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure if you've been keeping up with the Voting forum DF, but you're now on the Casual Card Committee and thus cannot nominate cards.

Tag Guard

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I was gonna nominate Mirozel, since it looks like a flying Angelfish.

I'm gonna go ahead and nominate Ravenous Baboons. Just the thought of the phrase "I'm gonna attack you with my Ravenous Baboons" makes me laugh.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I'll Nominate Coat Of Arms. This was always a tricky card to use, you never know when it'll bite you in the *wakka wakka*.

BTW - Does anyone really want me to post all the cards in this set as links to gatherer?

O

orgg

What's the red enchantment where the last thing to go through the Mogg's head was its Teeth?

I nominate that one.

D

DarthFerret

Sorry Spidey, this past weekend screwed me up some...ok...i guess i will just have to hang with my boys in the committee lounge (we have coffee and doughnuts!)

Tag Guard

L

Limited

orgg said:
What's the red enchantment where the last thing to go through the Mogg's head was its Teeth?

I nominate that one.
Onslaught

Melkor

Pandemonium saw play a few blocks later in a nasty combo, but in its heart it's a casual card. It encourages big creatures and lots of back and forth, and before Saproling Burst helped out fun combos like Sneak Attack and the like.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm gonna nominate Seismic Assault, because it gives you something to do with all that extra land you draw later on (or early, if you set it up right) and I used it in my pet Manabarb deck :)

Nominations:

Mogg Assassin - Limited
Spellbook - Oversoul
Ravenous Baboons - Ransac
Coat of Arms - Mooseman
Onslaught - orgg
Pandemonium - Melkor
Seismic Assault - Spiderman

Not a lot of nominations this time...

Closed for voting.

Tag Guard

G

Gizmo

OK, I think it was a unanimous decision. In fact two unanimous decisions...

Mogg Assassin got everyone's vote in the end, but I think all three committee members were disappointed by the quality of nominations this time (perhaps to do with the fact we didnt get a list of cards posted?). I would have expected to see cards like Jackalope Herd, Erratic Portal, Equilibrium... and the selections we had I think we felt were either too good, or too random, but nothing that was just right (this is sounding like Goldilocks now) apart from the Assassin.