Nominations for Dissension Casual Card

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Post 'em and the reasons here! Nominations end Monday, 9/17 at 7:00 AM EDT.

Because the voting for the new committee member was supposed to happen last week, it's running concurrent with this nomination. Thus, TomB, who will have ended his run on the committee, can nominate. If a nomination comes from one of the future committee members, then that nomination will get thrown out.

Committee members: Mooseman, Ephraim, Killer Joe

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I haven't had much experience with this set because it's so new and I don't really play anymore except on this site, but I did find a card I really liked. Activated abilities are fun, and reusing them is like doubling the fun. Also it's a good way to win the game or whatever. I nominate Magewright's Stone.

T

train

Killer Instinct...

What better way to let your opponent know what is coming... either by playing a spell, or attacking with it's offspring...
(Oh - it was so close to sneak attack)

T

train

killer instinct shouldn't be here... so 'll nominate biomantic mastery instead...

N

Notepad

That Desolation Angel seemed pretty fun, and definitely a casual tint to her, in a Timmy/Johnny/Vorthos sort of way. I actually opened one, and then traded it away before I could ever put it in a deck. But I'd say she's a definite nod to casualness.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nominations so far:

Bronze Bombshell - Ransac
Magewright's Stone - Oversoul
Biomantric Mastery - train
Desolation Angel - Notepad

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Desolation Angel was in Apocalypse, not Dissension. There were no angels in Dissension.

Ransac, cpa trash man

T

train

I think he forgot the time machine had already returned to the present...

N

Notepad

There was no WB in Dissension? My bad! I guess it was guildpact. There was an angel, just can't remember her name. She's the one who basically cast a Vinidication when she came into play.

I'd nominate, but I honestly can't remember the sets distinctively. Train's right :rolleyes: The whole block just kinda blended together for me.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
You're thinking of Angel of Despair. Care to nominate it in the Guildpact thread?

Ransac, cpa trash man

N

Notepad

May I nominate two? I personally liked Gelectrode better in Guildpact, if I only get one nod. I was hoping Angel of Despair was a Dissension card. Now that I remember that the set was RB, I really, really like the Poo Flingin' Monkey (aka Jagged Poppet) even though it was a tourney card. On a more casual stint, I like the 9/9 Trample for 3RB, some sort of horror. Man, I had a lot of fun with that card!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
lol. No, one nomination is fine, but nice to see that someone else could find more casualness out of this block than I could.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm gonna go with Dread Slag for Notepad's nomination :)

And I myself will nominate Evolution Vat, because it's more counter fun!

Final Nominations:

Bronze Bombshell - Ransac
Magewright's Stone - Oversoul
Biomantric Mastery - train
Dread Slag - Notepad
Evolution Vat - Spiderman

Closed for voting.