Noam Chomsky

• Thread starter Thallid Ice Cream Man
  • Start date
T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Has anyone read any Chomsky?
He's a little bit pessimistic for my tastes but otherwise great.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Basically he's an ultraliberal American thinker who's not afraid to call what the US government does terrorism if it is terrorism according to the definition of terrorism applied by the US government.

S

Svenmonkey

[sarcasm]
That damn hippy tree-hugging bastard!
[/sarcasm]

Er-hem.

T

Turtlewax Joe

I've been going to this site:
www.radio4all.org/anarchy

it features some of his writings as reference material. I've introduced several people to the site and have shown my social studies teacher (she kicks ass teacher wise) to many of his essays.

I've become very interested in this site and have learned many things from their essays and have been betered by the critical thinking thesis presented by them.

My dad has discovered that as he's getting older (52 and climbing) instead of becoming more conservative he is beoming more liberal. We discuss things like armed insurection (basically taking out corrupt leaders with big guns).

Noam Chromsky knows his rights and uses them...eventually he will be hunted down by the FBI and killed because he is capable of thinking on his own and the government is very paranoid about that.

M

Multani

While some of his views on the U.S. coincide with mine, I believe that anarchy is not the key. What he is describing, is not anarchy. You see, the only thing that seperates humans from the animal world, is government. If you throw government away, you throw away humanity as we know it.
I have to say, what the 'anarchy' site proposed is what I like to call "democratic communism" and idealism. And unfortunately, with the way the site is written, it's as much propaganda as any other media source. The difference here is that he is an underdog.

B

Bob

Noam Chromsky...will be hunted down by the FBI and killed because he is capable of thinking on his own and the government is very paranoid about that
-TJ

That reminds me of 1984...

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

No, I think the media has enough control of information like his that he will never pose enough of a direct danger to them to warrant his assassination.

L

laxweasel

I have read Noam Chomsky.
Have you read the book he put out about 9/11?
I have to watch what I say because Big Brother is watching.

C

Chaos Turtle

Not only is Big Brother watching, he's taking notes and fantasizing about our mothers.:eek: