New Section?

D

Dune Echo

Hey Ed, can we add a Homegrown cards section like Brain Burst has. I really like some of the stuff people come up with there. Check it out the Brain Burst site to see the set up that I mean. Call it whatever the Brain Burst section calls it. There's some good ideas out there and it would pretty much define casual wouldn't it?

T

theorgg

ummm...

I would hesitate to call it "homegrown" due to what that expression usually means when it isn't 60+ yr. old people doing the growing...

just my random thought...
:)

D

Dune Echo

So, can we do it? Call it "Player-made" or something (man, that sounds like a type of nasty juice!). I'd like to see what the people around here come up with in the way of serious cards. I got a back story if people need some ideas for flavor and theme.

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Yeah, I'll see what I can do. :)
That looks like another custom script. :D But first I want to finish the news script I'm working on.

-mike

D

Dune Echo

That's cool. It'd be cool though for a section like that with the new Apprentice patch out there to have a section where we could "patch" in our own cards for online tournies. (I'd be availible every night but Friday through Sunday; classes through laundry day :).) Let me know. I'll be working on articles ASAP. Any card ideas for any decks anybody?

------------------
Dune Echo

Do I get points for alliteration in that last sentence?

[Edited by Dune Echo (01-31-2000 at 03:44 PM).]

T

theorgg

I'm working on the sp:tg patch now.

I just don't know how to do it exactly. After each update, you'll have to re-patch the cards you made and put in it...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Calm down HM. Mike's actually one of those weird people out there with a life outside of this place. It probably just slipped his mind during the re-write of the site's backend, and it was done almost immediately after a FF conversation brought the idea back up.

Relax. ;)

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
How is Feb 2000 to Sep 2000 a year and a half? :rolleyes:

Besides, I actually had it up in a couple weeks - all custom scripting. Just didn't really see much use.

H

Hawaiian mage

I accedentally read his Regestration date.

Oh, and sorry about bringing up the past. I just found some of this stuff real interesting, and since it took 20 minutes to get to through the search, I wanted to share it.

D

DÛke

...another one of my "talks":):

History is history
It was never meant to come back
Leave it the way it is
Never rehack
What's gone
Is gone
What's coming
Is going
What's the future
Is just the past

There...
Seriously though, let old stuff live their life as old stuff:)...

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Did you? It was in the new list yesterday - I had to reset counters to take it back down.

H

Hawaiian mage

Uhh... let me get back to you on that...

[me]runs away[/me]