New Onslaught Artwork

M

Mikeymike

http://www.mtgnews.com/story/1062/1/1/1/

Pic 1 - Hmm, this is the pic from the Pre-con box (the one many hoped was Ruhk Egg). Many people assume its a blue creature, including the MTGnews mod who posted it, DarthCow. But those wings are very Angelic/Bird looking, making me think its white. Maybe UW?

Pic 2 - Baxa piece. Man is that thing ugly, definitely a morph creature. Looks black by detail, red by tone and background. I'll go with black.

Pic 3 - Very cool pic of Arcanus riding the back of a Drake/Dragon. I especially love the "Dragon's Lair" style artwork of the Dragon's head. On top of that it almost appears to be entirely watercolor too.

Pic 4 - Strange pic for 2 reasons. 1) Isn't that Kamahl, and if so why is he still red? 2) What's going on with the Cowboy Bebop like backdrop?

Pic 5 - Very nice Critchlow piece. Very, very nicely done.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

That water colour piece has a very familiar style. It may be done by a friend of mine, Beth Trott. She has done some pieces for the Warlord CCG, 7th Sea, and some others. here is one of her works, the style seems very similar to the piece with the red kamahl.

Attachments

M

Mikeymike

I like that piece, she's good - watercolor is tough to make look good.

J

Jigglypuff

Those pictures are cooler than heck. I really like that piece that Azreal posted. As for Kamahl, the picture does look a lot like him but it's possible that he just didn't feel like changing the color of his armor or maybe the picture takes place story-wise before he changes to green.

(- Steve -)