New Info!! READ!!

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Well, there are 3 major things I'd like to address in this message.

1. Article Submissions
Yes, the web article submission system is now functioning. Do not send articles to bodies@rocketmail.com . Please go to the articles section ( www.casualplayers.org/articles.shtml ) and click the "Submit Article" link.
Note: TomB, please resubmit your article via the web.
Note 2: Any admins wishing to help edit articles, please contact me personally.

2. UBB Codes
There are some new UBB Codes. I will be making a comprehensive page with details of each. Stay tuned.
Note: Auto URL linking works now if you need it

3. Type Random
This is the first announcement of a new tournament format the MOTL and CPA will be providing -- Type Random. Yes, it is indeed a tournament (prizes likely), but not a standard format. 3 sets are randomly named and 0-2 additional modifiers are added. For example, Ice Age-Visions-Urza's Legacy only. Red uncommons and Black rares banned. The only other DCI standard rules it follows is Type 1 bannings/restrictions. (Along with common sense and god rules :D) Please stay tuned for more info as it becomes available.
Note: These tournaments will be held over Apprentice in an IRC channel -- #type-random on NewNet

Thanks for your time. Please post any further comments or suggestions. I'll get that UBB Code info thing up as soon as possible.

-mike

[Edited by Ed Sullivan (01-14-2000 at 11:46 PM).]

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I made a few modifications to my submission before I re-submitted it Mike, and when I did it at first I thought you meant for us to use the link on the front page like before.

My bad. :(

Then I happened across the link you want us to use while cruising the site and I submitted it again there. Unfortunately, I think some of the modifications I made were things you specifically enjoined us NOT to do!

Sorry.

Please let me know if I should fix that stuff and try again.

Also, though I'm not an Admin, starting next month I'd be happy to help out with editing. Please let me know if there's anything I can do.

TomB
CPA Member

T

theorgg

ummm... is it possible to have the channel linked to via the net?

I'd like to praticipate, but I don't have irc.

is there a way to set it up like the dojo chatroom? I think that's what they did. put a link to an irc thing up with jawa script or somthing...

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Linking Via the Net - yes, it is possible. As a matter of fact, I found an applet to do it. It's just that Leshrac and I aren't ready to start tourneys yet.

The Room - If any one wants confirmation that they are indeed using IRC correctly, ICQ me (1637790) and tell me.

Again, the offer about editing articles still stands. But, as much as I like to have TomB or the like help, the way I have it set up now is that it uses your UBB Membership file, and only verifies you if your an admin (founder). Sorry! (Although, I'll see if I can work something out)

-mike

[Edited by Ed Sullivan (01-15-2000 at 02:13 PM).]

Z

Zadok001

Cool, I guess... I wish I had verification that I was using IRC correctly, though. I can get into _a_ chatroom in NewNet with the name #type-random, but I'm not sure if that's the room I'm supposed to join, 'cause no one is ever there to verify it.

Type Random sounds like a challenge, though. Count me in. :)

And thank you, Mike, for the article submission thing. It's really cool! Web Guy rules!

Z

Zadok001

New question time! :)

When will the tourney be held, and when do we find out what sets are in it?

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Current ETA is unknown (at least for me). Leshrac, care to pipe in here?

About the sets, approximately 1 week in advance. (I think)

-mike

L

Leshrac

Tournaments will be held on a hopefully regular basis. Look for them to start sometime around the end of the month. Formats will be announced a week before each tournament.

Z

Zadok001

Lookit me, I can come up with a new question for every one that gets answered! Haha! :) Sorry, guys. Just one more, I hope. _Where_ will formats be announced? Here? MOTL? The mIRC room?

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Mike, I've a question about the article submission system. I noticed that the article I submitted no longer had the italics in it, and I was wondering if there's a way to add that, or bold type. How about links?

Outside of that, I do think it's a great system, and I should be submitting something again by the end of the week. Thanks again for the tremendous job you do with this stuff. None of this would be possible without you.

TomB
CPA Member

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Yeah, it is possible (unless I missed something in my code). You have to use HTML to do it. Here are a few tags you might want to use:
Bold: <b>...</b>
Italics: <i>...</i>
Links: <a href="http://www.casualplayers.org">The Casual Players Alliance</a>

HTH,
-mike