new icon?

B

BigBlue

I'm not sure how many dci judges are here, but i am one of them, you might have an icon to denote this for rules questions etc. also i'd be willing to answer any which may arise.

Also, is it just me or does one have to sign on every time i try to do anything? have cookies turned on.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't quite understand your question...

Are you saying YOU want an icon because you're a judge (what level?)? Or does an icon need to be made for people asking questions?

Make sure in your profile the "Store username and password" option is clicked "yes".

T

TheGuyFromTheOtherPost

...don't really understand the question too. I think he's just saying that he's a DCI judge, and we could ask him Mtg related questions and he'll be ":D" to answer them, and if I'm wrong, don't blame me because I'm only the Guy from the other post.

D

Dark Horse

I personally like the idea of having a judge around. I'm a casual player trying to shift into tournies, the only problem being I dont know **** about the nuancies of the rules. I read an article on MINDRIPPER about the tourneys, and I heard something about not being able to declare blockers after you use a special ability. (Im a traitor maybe, but Im a bored traitor so its justified.)

[Edited by TomB on August 16th, 2000 at 12:59 AM]

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
well...

Not to dampen BigBlue's enthusiam, but I think we have a pretty good cadre of folks who answer the rules questions pretty thoroughly (CT comes to mind...). I don't think it's necessary to have one individual be "tagged" as a special rules answerer. Besides, what if he's on vacation or his computer connection burns out? :)

Anyway, my personal opinion, I guess others will have to chime in here.

D

Duel

I know for a fact that Zadok could, if he should so wish, pass tests for at least a level 1 judge. BTW, we have the rules forum, for just such questions.

B

BigBlue

well I don't mean to be an egomaniac here. I will retract this suggestion. I would agree that the responses in the rules area are usually correct. I only meant it to show that when a judge answers a question it is more likely the correct answer, not to say that judges don't make mistakes. :)

thank u spidey, now i don't have to sign in every post which is kewl.

Z

Zadok001

That's quite questionable, Duel... :) I could _try_, I'll give you that, and probably come close. But just 'cause I act as judge for our school means nothing. :) When I was playing Replenish, more than once I just decided not to do something because I couldn't figure out all the timing associated with it!

BigBlue, there's another option... Why not just put that you're a judge in your sig line, or toss in all the relevant posts, as the topic or something. That would tell everyone that you're qualified. I don't think an icon is nessesary... Hmm... Another option, it could be in your nickname or something.

"... whichever whatever, I'm glowing too much to care..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
no offense, BigBlue, but my experience with judges on boards have not been that great. It's always second-hand but they have generally gotten ruling wrong (like someone says "this is right because x person who is a judge said so"). I always think it's better to actually cite the source from the rules, that way everyone's on the same page.

However, one judge who used to post on the Dojo (David Merentz or something? From Paris?) usually has been correct on his stuff (first-hand) so there's that.

Oh, and you're welcome :)

T

TheGuyFromTheOtherPost

...think it's nice to have a judge on board with us.
I'm the Guy from the other post.

I welcome you here, BigBlue.