New Gaming Convention coming in 2007 - ANCON

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Some friends of mine are starting up a new gaming convention located in NE Ohio. It's in OCT 2007. The web site has more info. I will be there, working, playing, getting thrown out of the bar.... well, maybe not this time......
If any of you are nearby, stop in an say hi, play some games and have some fun.

http://www.anothergamecon.com/index.html

N

Nightstalkers

Just saying because usually it's enough for a state to have one convention of a type. Kinda like having a giant LAN party twice a year.... You get a nice turnout the first time but then the second... people peter off because the prizes and stuff just aren't as great.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I imagine GenCon is infinitely bigger than this convention would be. It sounds like this is just a grouo of friends getting together and putting the "convention" label on it, although it also sounds like anyone is welcome to come so it could grow bigger.

And perhaps it gives people who can't get to GenCon a chance at another gaming event.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
We are also looking for people to run games at the con.
If you are interested or know someone who is, please send them to the link
http://www.anothergamecon.com/index.html

Spidey: This is a bunch of friends getting together, but we expect to get a few hundred players. It will be a great con for first timers as they will not be overloaded or intimidated by the amount of people. And the "old timers" should have a lot of options to play and run games.

T

train

There's only 12 organizations/companies in the exhibit hall - and that's not a bad number for an initial event...

Hope it goes well for you... (I also noticed they were set up as an LLC - looking for profit and growth - or just not wanting individuals responsible?)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Spiderman;279353 said:
Hey, how'd it go last year?
2 years ago actually.... It was as good as expectations... about 200 people total I think..... It's really just an excuse for a bunch of us old time convention people to get together and have fun.... we have fun by running a convention... I know weird.... but true...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Whoops, I just mis-read the old dates from this thread as 2008 :)

So what happened in 2007 and 2008 to not put it on?