New game?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Now that Ghost Party has finished, it's time for a new game. Should it be a "traditional" online one, which I'm thinking would be What Would You Think, since we haven't done that in a while? Or try to adapt another board game, which I'm thinking would be a war game since it seems people like strategy...

L

Limited

I would be in favor of a traditional online game (though it is frustrating to be the only non-American participating in What Were You Thinking).

If anybody has a board game he wants to adapt for online play, I'd be interested as long as it doesn't involve a lot of paint-action ;)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Has anyone ever played Poison?
Easy game, but we would all have to take turns dealing and not playing.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
2 to 6 players
Three large cauldron tiles are placed on the table, and then fifty cards are shuffled and evenly dealt to each player. Cards are either one of three different types of potions (red, blue, or purple - values "1", "2", "4", "5", or "7"), or poison cards (green - value "4"). One player begins, and then play proceeds clockwise around the table. ON a player's turn, they simply play one of their cards face up onto one of the cauldrons. The first player can play a card to any of the three cauldrons, but after that, all players may only play a card into a cauldron that contains cards of the same color. Also, once a cauldron has a color, cards of that color may be placed there only.

A poison card can be placed in any pot, even one that is empty - no cauldron is ever considered to be "green". If a player places a card in a cauldron that causes the total sum there to exceed thirteen, then they must take all the cards lying there (not the one they just played) and place them face down in front of themselves. Play continues until all of the cards have been played. At this point, all cards are revealed. The player who has the most cards of each of the three main colors may discard all the cards they have of that color. Players then score one point for each card they have and two points for each Poison card they have. The amounts are recorded, and another round begins. At the end of the game (one round for each player), the player with the lowest score wins the game!

Our board would look like this:

Red Cauldron : 4 + 5 + 2 ( all cards of that color)
Green Cauldron: 7 + 5 + 1 ( all cards of that color)
Purple Cauldron: 7 + 4P ( this is a puple 7 and a poison card))

Player 1:
Red - 3
Green - 0
Purple - 0
Poison - 1

D

DarthFerret

I could try to give this a shot....even if I am a little sketchy on the rules...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
.....I'll try... but I'm not to keen about it. After this, we need a WWYT type game again.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Maybe we should thy the WWYT type game, as I will have to get the card distribution for the colors. and then the dealer would have to be able to shuffle them...... :(

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I'll get the poison cards and maybe I'll just be the dealer. It's only 3 rounds.
but, lets do the WWYT first.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I fianly got the card numbers
Purple, Blue and Red all have this break down:
value - number
1 - 3
2 - 3
4 - 2
5 - 3
7 - 3

there are 8 green poison cards with a value of 4.

There are 50 cards and I a putting together a dealing spreadsheet.

2 to 6 players
Three large cauldron tiles are placed on the table, and then fifty cards are shuffled and evenly dealt to each player. Cards are either one of three different types of potions (red, blue, or purple - values "1", "2", "4", "5", or "7"), or poison cards (green - value "4"). One player begins, and then play proceeds clockwise around the table. ON a player's turn, they simply play one of their cards face up onto one of the cauldrons. The card color and cauldron color must match (except for green poison cards)

A poison card can be placed in any pot, even one that is empty - no cauldron is ever considered to be "green". If a player places a card in a cauldron that causes the total sum there to exceed thirteen (13), then they must take all the cards lying there (not the one they just played) and place them face down in front of themselves. Play continues until all of the cards have been played. At this point, all cards are revealed. The player who has the most cards of each of the three main colors may discard all the cards they have of that color. Players then score one point for each card they have and two points for each Poison card they have. The amounts are recorded, and another round begins. At the end of the game (one round for each player), the player with the lowest score wins the game!

Our board would look like this:
Ransac has just played a card.
These are the cards in each cauldron

Red Cauldron : 4 + 5 + 2 ( all cards of that color) =11
Blue Cauldron: 7 + 5 + 1 ( all cards of that color) =13
Purple Cauldron: 7 + 4P ( this is a purple 7 and a poison card))=11

Player score
Ransac: 25
hand: 5
cards taken for each color during the current deal
Red - 3
Blue - 0
Purple - 0
Poison - 1

MM:29
Hand: 6
Red - 0
Blue - 4
Purple - 0
Poison - 1

When everyone gets done with vacations and trips we can try this.