New FPS--Passion of the Christ

N

Notepad

Anybody gone and seen the movie? I thought it was a pretty funny movie. Made me hungry for hamburgers with lots of ketchup. Anyway, I was ticked the main character died and all, especially with him being an only kid. What a streak of bad luck for that dude and his family, eh?

But the movie seemed like it would make an awesome game. Imagine a multiplayer FPS! You could pick to be Jesus, or a Roman, and collect guns and frag each other in authentic street levels from the movie.

More blood and guts than the real movie! It'll be like the new James Bond Game, but all medieval or something...and with bigger guns.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think someone started musings like this in Off-Topic and called the game Battle Popes or something...

N

Notepad

Come on, what are you smoking? Battle of the Popes would be an expansion pack, dude. Imagine the fragging action of the Holy Bullet Sprinkler included with the new xpak.

Oh, the horror of it all! And the online multiplayer excitment, too.

R

Rooser

I think we should submit this idea to Mel Gibson. He's gonna have to milk this movie's merchandise capabilities eventually.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure he cares. I read (before the movie came out) that he didn't care whether the movie made money, just that he finally completed his pet project.

N

Notepad

The whole thing was a money-making project hidden under the guise of "Look I've gone crazy and want to make Bible Movies." Heard there's a sequel in the works.

Huh? 2005: THE APOCALYPSE OF THE CHRIST

Now that would also make a great FPS game.