New format question #2

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
It seems that with the new layout on the site, forums which were last updated on the current date or the previous one say "today" or "yesterday" accordingly, instead of the actual date.

I really don't like this because the clock on the CPA or whatever is not set to the same time zone as my own. This means that a forum might say that it was updated "today" when it actually means yesterday (for me). What is wrong with the old way, where it would actually say the date?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Oh, thanks. I haven't quite figured it out yet (it always seems to want to be off by an hour in some direction) but I'm sure I'll get it eventually... :eek:

T

train

don't forget - change all the clocks in your home too!... :p

C

Chaos Turtle

A minor gripe on this subject: wouldn't it be nice if websites in general would offer options for those of us whose times do not change for Daylight Savings Time? Here in the modern state of Arizona, we do not adhere to that ancient custom. ;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Some websites I visit have that option... can't remember offhand which system they use. I'll see if I can remember tomorrow.

N

Notepad

Chaos Turtle said:
A minor gripe on this subject: wouldn't it be nice if websites in general would offer options for those of us whose times do not change for Daylight Savings Time? Here in the modern state of Arizona, we do not adhere to that ancient custom. ;)
Ancient? Modern?

Pah-LEEZE! You folks in Arizona are just lazy. That's all: Lazy! Because you're sun-baked and your brains are too fried to do anything other than sit around and look at the cactus plants grow. And, the little ritual of ours in the rest of the USA was started in the early 1900s, so it ain't really ancient, eh?

Of course, when you live in a sun-baked place cancer tends to play a huge role in life expectancy, so yeah, a hundred years does look like a dynasty time period, doesn't it?

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
It's prolly because they get enough sun there as it is...no need to try "saving" it...;)