New Format: Observation 1

T

train

Has anyone else noticed that the quick reply doesn't allow for a "title" to be entered on the reply...

I noticed this when trying to reply to the D&D game that is being played, and didn't have anywhere to enter the character name for my into to the post...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's up to you. You could just put your character's name as the first line of the Quick reply...

N

Notepad

Or, you could take the extra five seconds to..."GO ADVANCED!!!1!111!11one"

Seriously, how lazy are you, you can't GO ADVANCED for the good of your role playing mission? I know I'd take the extra five seconds if it meant I'd GO ADVANCED and be all...um, advanced...and stuff... :rolleyes:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I don't know anything about "go advanced" but I can just hit the same old "post reply" button as I did in the old format...

N

Notepad

Ah, come on, when you could GO ADVANCED instead!

Say for example, you could be making a saving throw when using your cooking skill to bake a loaf of bread for the party. Would you just do that? Or...would you have your mage friends cast Haste and Choose Fate on you? Hmm? I ask?

GO ADVANCED!

Ferret

Staff member
Well, I can see one advantage for the Quick Reply: slow connections. Out here in no-person's land (it's good to be p.c.) connections speeds can be pretty lousy (I used to get faster connections w/ dial-up). The Quick Reply can keep you from having to wait for another page to load when you reply instead of seeing everything appear on the screen slowly w/ "22 items to go" on your status bar...

-Ferret

"There have been some days that I didn't feel like replying because the wait was taking too darned long!!!"