New dragon legends and other Invasion info!

Z

Zadok001

Well, just because it was 'last seen' on something doesn't nessesarily mean it was seen prior to that... For example, something can be seen for the first time, and then referred to as being 'last seen doing X,' since it _was_ seen last doing X. I call Scragnoth ability reprint!

As for that artifact with the Alliances ability... If they reprint Phyrexian Portal, I am going to be JUMPING UP AND DOWN WITH GLEE!!! :) I collect those things, I have five from Alliances, and that's all of 'em I've ever seen (I mean, who's NOT gonna trade one?). They add the element of bluffing that Cursed Scroll was supposed to bring into the game; part Tutor, part Thought Lash, part Browse, part Poker. What could be cooler? I would _so_ look forward to that! Joy! Glee! Happiness! Excitement! Me want Invasion! Now! Now! Now!

Phew. Ok, I'm done now.

Oh, wait, no I'm not! Gotta talk about Recoil.

What can I say? Wow. Great card, lots of versitility in being a Boomerang and a discard effect in one. Some of my play group has tinkered with the idea of Capsize/Discard for permanent removal, but the cards required to pull it off were too hard to get set up and ready to play, not to mention the mana! Recoil takes it all together in a ball, wraps it up, and does it all for only 1UB. That's impressive. Being an Instant, it's all the better! Mind you, this is a rare type of card; Instant discard. I think I see why WotC can get away with it being instant discard, though...

The problem with discard being Instant speed is that you can force your opponent to lose their draw step by discarding whatever they draw during the draw step. That's not cool with WotC, thus we have only Funeral Charm, Discordant Dirge, and a few combos that give you instant-speed hand destruction. Recoil breaks this law, though, for good reason: You can't take away a draw phase with it! You have to bounce something, thus, your opponent can keep whatever they just drew. Whether or not this balances the effect, I dunno... But I like the card a _lot_. They'll be decks with that thing. (Think the Masques Pirates with discard, countermagic, and Avatar of Will. Sound cool?)

D

Duel

Let's see, the two viable mechanics from the Green creature from tempest:
Pump-up casting (kraklin)
Saporling addition (verdant force)
One is mediocre, the other is enough to brgin wakefield back...

N

nanokill

"I WANT IT NOW!"

i can't wait till invasion comes out, i just like everything i have heard and want the cards. Maybe i can afford a box of the cards.:D

i better start saving:p

I

Istanbul

My Invasion fund is at $180. Should be enough to pre-order two boxes of boosters. I am happy. :)

J

JKA2545

Well, I was gonna buy a playstation 2 but now i'm wondering if maybe I might want some display boxes of Invasion. Choices, choices....

U

Ura

Hey hey folks!!

3 more Invasion cards that have been visually confirmed! :D

Tsabo Tavoc
Creature - Legend
Rare
5BR
First Strike, Protection from Legends
BB, Tap: Destroy Target Legend. It can't be regenerated.
7/4
"I might almost pity my enemies-if it wasn't so amusing to watch them die."

Kavu Titan
Creature - Kavu
Rare
1G
Kicker: 2G
If you paid the kicker cost, Kavu Titan comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it and has trample.
2/2

Darigaaz, the Igniter
Creature - Dragon Legend
Rare
3BRG
Flying
Whenever Darigaaz, the Igniter deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 2R. If you do, choose a color. That player reveals his or her hand and Darigaaz deals X damage to him or her, where X is the number of cards revealed of that color.
6/6

So? Can you say "WOW!!" ? :D

I

Ihsans Shade

Whatch it, WotC has a tendacy to make us drool over expansion, and then give us crap. New Lords? wouldn't be surprised if one was a Kobold. This is WotC's Strategy as far as I can tell... Get us hiped up, and then present a fine banquet of cards like Crapheap. Remember how when Mecadian Masques was going to come out. They said "Tired of the four per deck rule?", then they give us rares like Security Detail. Sure Invasion could be a kick-ass exspansion, and Seventh could be the best basic set ever, that is if they would listen to us, in reality this might just be the dawn of a new age of shiet in magic. That seems to be the way WotC likes to run things, give 'em enough stuff to keep them playing, and buying, and if they don't like it we still got the Pros, and Pokemon players to make us a fortune.

Watchin' our backs
Ihsan's Shade
Watch your back Luke, watch your back.

C

Cateran Emperor

Freaky is all I can say. That guys seems anti-legend as heck.

Kavu Titan = Cost Efficient as heck. It's either a Grizzly bear or a 5/5 Trample for 3GG. That's under the mana curve folks, albeit not much.

Darigaaz = MADE for casual players. Holy heck this guy is cool. He's like a reverse scent of cinder every turn!

N

Namielus

All can say is this doesn't look like wizards is really slowing down the game as it sounded like it wanted too.

And this Tsabo Tavoc, that sucks the fun outta of a good slow paced game and one of my friends 'dan' has a lengends only deck that would just die to Tsabo Tavoc. No fun, WoTc get some better ideas.

C

Cerberus

I think that invations is going to be worth the wait all of these cool new cards plus a focus on multi-color decks

P

Purple_jester

Just HOW does Tsabo fit into the storyline? Who is he and which side is he on? And just how did this guy gain protection from legends? There has to be a reason why he can be clawed by Palladia Mors, stomped by Multani, stabbed by Greven, bitten by Crovax, sliced by Dakkon Blackblade and burned by Latulla and still keep on ticking.

And the Kavu Titan would fit the green mana curve PERFECTLY. An instant addition to green tourney decks, and an instant draft pick in Limited. Excellent card which serves both purposes.

They were right when they said that the new dragon leders would be ebtter than the old ones. They're smaller, but so is their casting cost and more importantly, their upkeep cost. Casual players would love these guys as mascots. However, ability-wise, I think that Nicol Bolas would be impossible to beat. What are they going to give the blue/black/red dragon, the ability to dicard your hand AND giving you damage for every discarded card?

All in all, the set just gets more and more interesting. ;)

C

Captain Caveman

I doubt if anyone really cares but if you look at the flavor
text on the 6th Edition card Pradesh Gypsies there is a
possible clue to what legend from Legends will make a
return as a green creature.

E

Elrond

Tsabo Tavoc is the leader of the Phyrexian invasion forces, and is female. I have no idea why she would have protection from legends, but it looks like a good card anyways, I want one for my B/R discard deck.

I

Ihsans Shade

sorry, there already is a kobold lord. So that angle is checked out.

I am...
Ihsan's Shade