new deck, need ideas

• Thread starter immortal grave walker
  • Start date
I

immortal grave walker

This is a new deck iv'e put together At this point its a deck with mm,nm,and prophacy. Any ideas are welcome.

The deck
gambit of fury.

4-avatar of fury
4-stronghold gambit
4-seal of fire
4-earthquake
2-lesser gargadon
1-laccolith

4-stupor
4-parallax nexus
4-dark ritual
2-rhystic syphon
4-flay
1-ascendant evincar
1-rhystic tutor
1-v-tutor

this is only a test deck for now but the idea is to gambit an avatar out. im not sure if theres to much burn or to much discard, I may run 4 of the syphons and only 2 flays. Shock or seals? Evincar is questionable with the quakes. Anyways thats why this deck is posted to get feed back. this deck maybe stronger with the urzas block with discard.

G

Griffith_se

Hi,

I didn't study this real close so, I hope what I'm going to say makes sense.

My first thought is, theis deck has discard effects why not use Avatar of woe. Also for the Gambit to work your opponent pretty much has to have no creatures in hand so, I would use Coercion to remove lesser CC creature from opponents hand.

Just some stuff off the top of my head.

I

immortal grave walker

I thought about woe it will probably be added, this is a ruff draft. Once i get the nexus out my opponant shouldn't have any cards in hand to respond to the gambit. it's part of building a deck wich cards you leave, should have,and wich you take out.

G

Griffith_se

That didn't come out right.

What I ment was Coercion creature's out of opponents hand to help get Avatar of woe in play Along with Stupor, Quake, Seals etc...(plan B).

[Edited by Griffith_se on June 12th, 2000 at 02:08 PM]

L

Lythand

Avatar of will would be my choice. Lets assume your opponant is playing a combo deck with no creatures (replenish), so its going to take a while to get an Avatar of woe out. Where all you have to do is clear you opponants hand to get an avatar of Will out. And using parallax Nexus will work good

A

Apollo

Use Ostracize to cheaply dump creatures out of your opponent's hand and let you know if it's safe to use the Gambit or not.

Apollo