New Beyond Balderdash game?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Is there any interest for a new Beyond Balderdash game? Thanks to the first game I think I will adjust the scoring somewhat but I'd like to see if there's any interest for another game. Post here by 10/16 6:00 AM EST.

D

Darsh

Sure, I'll join up for the game if you have it.:)

Come on everyone! If dw can get second place, anyone can win!(j/k Dw:))

D

dw51688

Me. This time I'm gonna win, hehe.

...1000 feet away, and old lady says, "look at the deterimination on his face!"...

...Old lady's friend says, "Oh really, I thought he was constipated!"...

[me]picks up the sounds with his spy ear and beats up the old women's friend[/me]

[me]grabs her neck, pulls her into a headlock and starts kneeing her in the stomach[/me]

..."Oh that was a woman? I thought it was a talking tree (with a slight tone of sarcasm)!"...

D

Darsh

But it looks like he's going to have to change the color of at least part of his sig.:(

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, here's how to play:

Roughly every week, I give one of the following categories and you have to PM me with what you think the answer is:

Word: the definition
Name: why this person is notable
Acronym: what it stands for
Movie: a short synopsis of the plot
Date: what happened on this date

THESE GUESSES DO NOT HAVE TO BE CORRECT! It's just what you can think of off the top of your head.

Then I post an Answer List from all the guesses (with the correct one in there) and you PM me again telling me your final answer from this List.

There will also be a "Dasher" associated with each question who chooses the category for the next question.

Scoring:

You get 1 pt for giving me an initial guess.

If you don't give me an initial guess for the Answer List, you are still eligible to give a final answer. However, you score less:

1 pt for choosing the correct answer from the List

If you DO give me an initial guess, you get 2 pts for choosing the correct answer from the List.

A player also gets 1 pt if someone else chooses his guess from the List

If you're the Dasher and NO ONE chooses the correct answer from the List, you get 3 pts if you gave me an initial guess, 2 pts if not.

You get 3 pts for giving me the correct answer right off the bat (before the List comes out).

Probably an example is in order:

3 Players A B C

Word is BEZOAR

A guesses "spicy food"
B guesses "curse word"
C guesses substance in stomach" (correct answer)

Everyone gets 1 pt for giving a guess. C gets 3 additional points for choosing the answer right off the bat.

So the answer list is:

1. spicy food
2. Curse word
3. substance in stomach

A chooses 3, B chooses 1.

A gets 2 pts for choosing the correct answer, plus 1 pt because B chose his guess.

Total scoring:

A = 4
B = 1
C = 4

Got it? :)

Really, don't worry about the scoring too much. Just give me a guess for the List and then a final answer.

A

Apollo

I'll play.

Everyone: GIVE AN ANSWER! I'm sick of having my answer being the only one up there.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Apollo: LOL

Namielus: Don't worry about the rules. Basically, give a guess when the question comes out and then pick from the List when it comes out. That's all you have to worry about.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, we're gonna start Monday morning.

Darsh: PM me with a category you want to start off with (word, name, acronym, movie, or date).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Forgot a slight rule (didn't know if it was obvious) but you do NOT get a point for choosing your own answer from the List.