new abilities what about them

V

volrath evincar

the kicker ability seems pretty good in the late game and the new dual lands are also equally strong but what about the abillity that you counts the # of basic lands you control does anyone use that many basic lands in one deck as for me non- basic seems to be the way to go.....how does evryone else feel about the newer abilities pros and cons???

U

Ura

Kicker is a nifty ability, though I'm not crazy about the name, I think empower or something would have been cooler, but no big deal.

The "Domain" cards, (the with more then one basic land type) are actually kind fun to try and play with. Decks that try to heavily use them tend to lose aot that I've seen, without things like harrows and whatnot, but if they ever get moving, watch out, they're definately nasty. The biggest catch with them is that you pretty much HAVE to build your deck around them if your going to try using them.

R

Riva Iron-Grip

you pretty much have to use more than 2 basic land types. cuz alot of cards(masters i.e. thornscape master) take one color to bring in, then 2 other colors to activate abilities. all in all you need at least 2-4 land types. it just helps. plus you have extra mana...AND it helps for cards that are bad against multi-color decks

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

i really like the cards where you separate into piles they are really useful

V

volrath evincar

I still think the domain ability is kinda well strange and it seems to take alot to make those cards really work but again I think kicker is one ability that has true merit for becoming a great card ability by the way I haven't been but to a few tourneys lately and have only seen a few of the cards which there are 300+ of does anyone no of any other card abilities in this expansion???