D

DeathPitOffering

I was just wondering what your
- Favorite Nemesis card is
- The best nemesis card is
- the most fun to play with card
or
-what you think of nemesis as a whole
my favorite nemesis card is predator flagship! The funnest (Is that a word? lol?) card is also the greven weilding predator. The best card is probally lin siivi or massacre. What do you all think?

Z

Zadok001

1. Eye of Yawgmoth. Reasoning? Well, if it looks like Greater Good, acts like Greater Good... Yeah, I like it. :)

2. Lin Sivvi. No real competition here. Well, the Legendary Land whose name I have forgotten.

3. Rootwater Thief. What's better than digging through your opponent's deck?

4. Mediocre. I don't like fading, or most of the cards. But there's a few cool things. :)

O

Ophidian

I am going to have a lot of fun with Kill Switch. I think that is my favorite card out of nemesis.

U

Ura

Favorite card: Blinding Angel. Its a cool picture with a neat ability thats fun to play with.
Best card: Blinding angel or massacre. Lin Sivvi is great too, but rebels aren't much good if they can't attack or are all dead.
Most fun card: Predator Flagship. It big and slow, but if it ever gets going watch out. ^^

Nemesis is a far better set than some of the other recent fare (like the entire urza's block) for just playing with and having fun. Not nearly as much broken stuff or combo cards which is great.

M

Mr_Pestilence

Favorite Nemesis card - Seal of Fire. Its a thumb in the eye to people who want to play a first turn weenie (or Negator), and an irritant to Blue mages who can't counter it if you go first.

Best Nemesis card - that's a tough call, but I would say Lin Sivvi. Rootwater Thief is one of those creatures that would be incredible if it weren't for Shock, Parch, Seal of Fire, Hammer, etc.

D

Dune Echo

- Favorite Nemesis card is Lin Sivvi, Skyshroud Cutter, and Tangle Wire. I know a lot of people don't like fading, but in a recursive or bounce (Umbilicus) deck, this thing is deadly. I love it in my Mono-Brown deck.
- The best nemesis card is without a doubt, Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero. Kor Haven is second place too.
- The most fun to play with card is ?. I don't know yet. I haven't been able to get any Lin Sivvi cards yet.
and
-What you think of nemesis as a whole: I love Nemesis. The artwork I feel could have been better. They went with a lot of newer, unseen artists, which, while interesting, they need to bring back Paolo Parente, Christopher Rush, and D. Alexander Gregory. Overall, I like the set. I feel the cards are balanced and not overpowering. The mechanics are simple and interesting. I like the cards.

D

Duel

Favorite card: Skyshroud Ridgeback. there's nothing more fun than second turn rancor/seal of strengeth for 7 damage.

Best card: Ascendant Evincar. Any black swarm deck agrees with me.

Most fun to play: Predator Flagship in my artifact deck. Because the only thing scarier than a third turn colossus is a third turn flying colossus.

T

The Magic Jackal

favorite card- Elvish poacher. So many deck possibilties, such little time...

Best card- This really is a tought question. I mean it's hard to break it down and say that one is the best, so here's the best for each color:

Aftifact- Predator flagship. Gives your guys flying and kills creatures!

Blue- Parallax tide. Good kill card. IN all seriousness, pale moon is the best for extended, where more than half the land is nonbasic.

Black- ascendant evincar. No one else even compares.

Grenn- Blasoderm. Only good common green creature in MM block.

Red- Flowstone overseer. The only nemesis card that got added to my Ld deck.

White- Parallax wave, lin sivvi is a close second. EVERY white deck will play the wave, only rebel decks will use lin sivvi.

Land- definitely not rath's edge.

Most fun card- Mana cache. Group games just got a lot more interesting.

The set as a whole is really fun to play with. The artwork is the best i've seen in awhile.

D

DeathPitOffering

man! mana cache is fun in mulitiplayer. Can anyone say a blaze for 32? lol!

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I'll vote for the Wave too, as my favorite new card.

Best card? Hmmm. Probably Kor Haven, though there's several decent ones.

Mana Cache sounds like a lot of fun, especially in multi-player. The Flagship is cool too.

As far as the set overall goes, I think I need to see just how many degenerate combos are spawned by it, and how big-time the fading fatties become, before I make a judgement. So far it looks pretty good.

TomB
CPA Member

W

Wizard2000

Favorite Nemesis card : Death Pit Offering

Best Nemesis card : Lin Sivvi

What I think of Nemesis as a whole : There are a hand full of good cards tossed in with a ton of totally worthless cards. The over all good:crap rare ratio is better than it was in Masques, but I am still not impressed. Instead of using their brain power for fading they should have used that thought energy to produce some cards that people would actually want and use. I don't know about your areas, but in my area the sales and interest in Magic are WAY down since MM came out. If Magic is to be saved they will have to do much better than this.