Nemesis, add in you info or comments

Ferret

Staff member
I like a lot of those cards, but I don't feel like buying any until I can play (two days to Roadrunner!) online or in person.

Looking at Stronghold Machinist, that can't be right? A Black card that can counter spells - at will? Must be a typo...

-ferret

"...unless they make one for Green, also!"

D

Dune Echo

OOPS! Yeah, it's blue. Sorry. I'll just go and fix that...

------------------
Dune Echo

"Civilization is a conspiracy to disguise the mutilation of nature."
--Skyshroud Creed

D

Dune Echo

I submitted this to MTGNews from TopDeck, and here it is for you all, just because I like you.

In TopDeck Magazine, a few new cards for Nemesis make an appearance. Plus various names and a few confirmations.

Angelic Favor 3W
Instant
If you control any plains, you may tap an untapped white creature you control instead of paying Angelic Favor's mana cost.
Play Angelic Favor only during your combat step.
Put a 4/4 flying Angel token into play. Remove it from the game at the end of turn.
Illus. Paolo Parente

Defiant Falcon 1W or WW
Creature-Rebel Common
Flying
4, T: Search your library for any Rebel card with a total converted mana cost 4 or less and put that card into play. Then shuffle your library.
Illus. Heather Hudson
(This card is not perfect but gleaned from the magazine text.)

Daze 1U
Instant Common
You may return an island to your hand instead of paying Daze's mana cost.
Counter target spell unless it's controller pays 1.

Stronghold Machinist 2U
Creature-Spellshaper Uncommon
BB,T, Discard a card from your hand: Counter target noncreature spell.

She stretches the laws of physics until they snap.
Illus. Terese Nielsen
46/143

Rathi Intimidator 1BB
Creature-Mercenary Common
Can only be blocked by black or artifact creatures.
2, T: Search your library for any Mercenary card with a converted mana cost 2 or less and put that card into play. Then shuffle your library.
2/1

Other Tidbits:

Battlefield Percher 3BB
Creature-? Uncommon

Carrion Wall 1BB
Creature-Wall Uncommon

Dark Triumph 4B
? Uncommon

Divining Witch (Black)
Creature-Spellshaper Rare
(Similar to Demonic Consultation)

Massacre 2BB
Sorcery Uncommon
Illus. Ron Spencer

Mind Swords 1B
? Common
Illus. Daren Bader

Parallax Dementia 1B
? Common

Phyrexian Brute 2B
Creature-? Common

Phyrexian Prowler 3B
Creature-? Uncommon

Rathi Assassin 2BB
Creature-Mercenary Rare
1BB, T: Destroy target tapped nonblack creature.
3, T: Search your library for a Mercenary card with converted mana cost 3 or less and put that card into play. Then shuffle your library.
2/2

Rathi Fiend 3B
Creature-? Uncommon

Seal of Doom 2B
? Common
(This may be some sort of instament.)

Spineless Thug 1B
Creature-Mercenary Common
Illus. Matthew D. Wilson

Volrath ?
Creature-Legend Rare

Stampede Driver (Green)
Creature-Spellshaper Uncommon
(Gives all your creatures +1/+1 and trample until end of turn)

Belbe's Portal 5
Artifact Rare

Predator ?
Legendary Artifact Rare

Rackling
Artifact Creature
Illus. D. Alexander Gregory

Viseling
Artifact Creature

It looks like Rathi Assassin will be the Prelease card.

There are 2 Legends and Legendary white land.

All white recruiters have the Defiant in the name.

Fading is real.

Other card names:
Death Pit Offering
Eye of Yawgmoth
Kill Switch
Laccolith Titan
Murderous Betrayal
Plague Witch
Rising Waters
Saproling Burst
Skyshroud Poacher
Submerge

-----------------
Dune Echo

And of course, just as they bring out Volrath and the Predator, I just decided NOT to buy anymore cards until they let us have a bigger say-so! Damn.

[Edited by Dune Echo (12-29-1999 at 01:33 PM).]

------------------
Dune Echo

--Skyshroud Creed

I

Ihsans Shade

Anyone know if they plan on making a new Ertai, after what happens to him in this.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I'd say Daze rocks, since it will pretty much function as a new Force of Will. My card budget just took a nosedive with the new computer purchase, but I will definitely find a way to acquire 4 of those!

Good thing it's going to be common.

Dune, are you serious about boycotting the product unless we're given a greater say in what they're doing to our game? That's kind of a really big step, and I was hoping it wouldn't come to that. Still, I DO understand your frustration.

How do the rest of you guys feel about this? Is it time to take the gloves off and start delivering a message like this? Or are we still in coalition building mode? How many active members do we have, and how many would we need to make a boycott like this something they'd actually notice?

When exactly SHOULD we make our move?

TomB
CPA Member
"...and what the hell happened to Ertai!? Did they give him a new job working as a Machinist?"

D

Dune Echo

Knowing myself, I'll break my boycott as soon as I see a box of Nemesis. I have to admit, I intend to break Complex Automaton. (think Donais 5cU, permanentless control). Also, Haste works well with it. Anyway, it's a idea but I'm pretty sure we're all so addicted that it's nigh impossible to quit. I know I can't. Apprentice isn't the same as playing with the real cards and the interface isn't as easy. I'd like to quit buying and make a difference, but I don't think that there are enough people that can do it.

------------------
Dune Echo

--Skyshroud Creed

D

Dune Echo

Has anyone else noticed that all my hardwork above is irrelevant now? Yeah, mtgnews has it all. Check it out.

Also, the Skyshroud Cutter artwork looks like an old Velvet Elvis style picture to me. Does anyone else feel this way? What ever happened to C. Rush and A. Maddocks?

Ferret

Staff member
Chris Rush an Anson Maddocks left the company a few years ago when WotC stopped paying the artisists in royalties and just "commissioned" (bought the rights to) their artwork. They felt their work was worth the royalties since the artwork is what hooks people on the game - well, sometimes.

Meanwhile, I think that the 'Cutter is a pretty frightenning critter - and extremely overcosted...but I digress...I really like MTGNews' Spoiler Coverage and their forums are pretty nice...

-ferret

"...wonder if they'd like to join our little 'revollution'..."

I

Ihsans Shade

The answer to my question is no.

TomB-You sure you want to know.

[Edited by Ihsans Shade (01-13-2000 at 01:49 PM).]