Nefarious lich...

T

train

Anyone got ideas for this bad boy besides donate?...

Any hints as to what they may put in Onslaught to assist it?

J

Jigglypuff

Well, my friend had a Nefarious Lich deck that used a whole bunch of good and bad life-gain cards to draw up his deck, then drop a huge Sickening Dreams to wipe out the table in one blow. I don't remember too much of it, but here's what I remember:

Nefarious Lich
Life Burst
Gerrard's Wisdom
Absorb
Undermine
Sickening Dreams
Ancestral Tribute
Congregate

I know the deck has some high-priced rares, but the only really necessary rares are the Liches. You could replace the Absorbs and Undermines with vanilla counterspells and you could include almost any life-gain in place of the Ancestral Tribute. Who knows? It could be fun.

(- Steve -)

L

Lotus Mox

actually most of the life gain cards aren't really needed just play Overgrown Estate in an otherwise near mono black deck (with maybe Rampant Growth and Orim's Chant or so), with Sungrass Eggs, and Praeries to cast it.

Here's how a lich deck usually plays out: find lich estate with insidious dreams, while you disrupt their game plan with discard and other black cards. Then drop the 2 enchantments, float 1B, sac your lands for lots of cards, play a sickening dreams for 20.

You could also combo Lich with Transcendence, and mana burn (pay life) for cards, but overgown estate costs only half as much as Transcendence, and is prolly more effective.

J

Jigglypuff

If I were going to play the deck in a tournament or a duel, I would probably play the near mono-black version and just have 4 Sungrass Eggs and a couple of Sungrass Prairies. In multiplayer, though, I would play the version that I attempted to list, simply because I would need the life-gain and the counters to make sure I could stay alive long enough to drop the Lich and Sickening Dreams everyone away for the win. In a MP, here's the decklist I would play:

4 Nekrataal
4 Man-o'-War
3 Stormscape Battlemage
4 Nefarious Lich
4 Absorb
4 Counterspell/Undermine
4 Propaganda
3 Gerrard's Wisdom
4 Life Burst
2 Congregate
24 lands

This deck can play defense against multiple players with the Propagandas and the Congregates until I'm ready to go for the win.

(- Steve -)

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

"Any hints as to what they may put in Onslaught to assist it?"
Probably nothing.