Need some help with the local metagame...

Discussion in 'Casual Decks/Variants/Etc' started by Istanbul, Oct 12, 2001.

1. Istanbul Sucker MCs call me sire.

The BEST decks I'm seeing out there are Domain-Opposition. They include Sunscape Familiars, Opposition, Collective Restraint, Static Orb, Harrow, and Questing Pheldagriff for the kill.

And I do mean almost all decks. I've seen a little red/white (surprisingly good) and a little red/green, but the Domain-Opposition decks are machines.

Good decks to play against it? White/Green foundered; it put up a struggle, but I eventually either got locked down with Opposition and Ordered Migration or Opposition and Static Orb or Collective Restraint and Domain or or or....
  2. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I have no idea how viable this is (I'm assuming you're talking Standard and not casual get togethers) but maybe discard and/or bounce and/or steal stuff?
  3. Duel Has Less Posts Than Spiderman

Well, currently those ARE the best decks. The decks that beat them are the firesy ones, with a good deal of burn and untargetable stuff.

G/B/r with 4 Spellbane Centaurs should be fun. Void is nice (void for 4 does in restraint, Opposition, Pheldagriff, etc.)

I might play B/G/r. heavy on discard and removal. 4 duress, 4 addle, Wild Dogs, Spellbane Centaurs, Tranquil stuff or creeping mold. Nice mana acceleration.

Basic Outline.dec
    4 Llanowar Elves
    4 Wild Dogs
    4 Roar of the Wurm
    4 Spellbane Centaur
    4 Yavimaya Barbarians
    2 Mongers
    4 Duress
    4 Addle
    4 Blurred Mongeese
    4 Shock/firebolt/etc.
    and land?

Or if you can't beat 'em, join em
    Opposuction
    4 Squirrel Nest (anti-opposition tech)
    4 Opposition
    4 Mystic Snake
    4 Prohibit
    4 Counterspell
    2 Nut Collector (anti-opposition tech)
    4 Spellbane Centaur (anti-opposition tech)
    4 Rushing River
    2 Evasive Action
    4 Static Orb
    2 Blurred Mongoose
    20 lands