Need some help with the local metagame...

I

Istanbul

The BEST decks I'm seeing out there are Domain-Opposition. They include Sunscape Familiars, Opposition, Collective Restraint, Static Orb, Harrow, and Questing Pheldagriff for the kill.

And I do mean almost all decks. I've seen a little red/white (surprisingly good) and a little red/green, but the Domain-Opposition decks are machines.

Good decks to play against it? White/Green foundered; it put up a struggle, but I eventually either got locked down with Opposition and Ordered Migration or Opposition and Static Orb or Collective Restraint and Domain or or or....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I have no idea how viable this is (I'm assuming you're talking Standard and not casual get togethers) but maybe discard and/or bounce and/or steal stuff?

D

Duel

Well, currently those ARE the best decks. The decks that beat them are the firesy ones, with a good deal of burn and untargetable stuff.

G/B/r with 4 Spellbane Centaurs should be fun. Void is nice (void for 4 does in restraint, Opposition, Pheldagriff, etc.)

I might play B/G/r. heavy on discard and removal. 4 duress, 4 addle, Wild Dogs, Spellbane Centaurs, Tranquil stuff or creeping mold. Nice mana acceleration.

Basic Outline.dec
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Wild Dogs
4 Roar of the Wurm
4 Spellbane Centaur
4 Yavimaya Barbarians
2 Mongers
4 Duress
4 Addle
4 Blurred Mongeese
4 Shock/firebolt/etc.
and land?

Or if you can't beat 'em, join em
Opposuction
4 Squirrel Nest (anti-opposition tech)
4 Opposition
4 Mystic Snake
4 Prohibit
4 Counterspell
2 Nut Collector (anti-opposition tech)
4 Spellbane Centaur (anti-opposition tech)
4 Rushing River
2 Evasive Action
4 Static Orb
2 Blurred Mongoose
20 lands