Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Linux

• other

• Total voters
R

rkoelsch

I work at a help desk. Our supervisor lets us surf the web or do other things as long as our numbers are okay. I want to get a program to test building some decks and was looking for suggestions. I tried apprentice but I have windows NT 4.0 and it really doesn't like something on my system always getting application errors. I have used the autodeck on neutral grounds site but it is pretty limited.
any ideas would be appreciated. thanks.

H

Hetemti

98 all the way.

2000 is just NT with a skin to make it less obvious that it's as bad, or worse, than NT.

Don't know about LiNU×. Never used it.

G

Gerode

I'm a Mac user forced to tolerate a PC world :(

My computer came with Windows ME, and Apprentice seems to randomly get errors every so often.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have the NT version of Apprentice? I also have NT at work and Apprentice works fine here.

How do you want the poll to be answered? By operating system used to access the site (which for me means work) or home computer (which is different) or what?

D

Darsh

I have Windows 98se and I've never had a problem with apprentice, well no problems that I didn't cause anyway.

R

rkoelsch

is what I was looking for in the poll. I didn't realize there was a different one. I think I may have been using the 95/98 version. I am going to try download the Nt version.

R

rkoelsch

Meridian Magic has some good links. installed it get the same error. It is an audio driver issue. Unfortunately this being the only program that doesn't work I can hardly justify the time needed to fix it. This being a work computer after all. Thanks.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Audio driver issue, huh? Strange... my computer here doesn't have speakers or a sound card (I'm pretty sure), just works off of the PC noises and Apprentice works okay (all it does it make beeps anyway). Maybe your administrator did your settings different and Apprentice just happens to be the first program to be affected by it. Oh well.

D

Duel

Well, I have Linux, Windows 98, and Dos, on three seperate computers (Yay! Go DOS!)

D

Dark_Tira

Winux 2004!
Nah, actually I use 98 and Mac OS 8.1(not on the same computer) though I do use the Winux 2004 Startup screen.

D

Darkstar

I work at a LAN gaming store, and I have all those systems + some! I find that 98 runs the best with every program out there, unless all you do is use the net, then a Mac is sufficent. For gaming, you cant beat linux, they rock! I run 256meg, 1500mhz, 64meg graphics cards on t3 and it is hard to tell whats what until you get inside the comp itself. I recommend upgrading your comp, or getting new OS.
Hope I was of some help.

Z

Zadok001

I like 98, myself, but 2000 has a smaller memory leak hole...

S

Slug man

I have windows 98 and have no problem with Apprentice, or any program for that matter. Rock on!