Need a hand...

A

Ark

Hey all, every so often I come up with the bare bones of a deck, and I need help filling it out. I'm looking into a reanimator/ooze deck, running Ancient Ooze, Primordial ooze and Consumptive goo. I'm looking for stuff that fits the theme, unless it's reanimator feed. Agonizing demise is a good example....

anyways, hi! new here, I signed up for help with decks such as this. Keep in mind I don't care if it's tournament worthy. It's just gotta be fun to play. Go wild.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
If it's counters you want to focus on, you could pair them with the various Spike creatures from the Tempest block, especially Spike Rogue and Spike Cannibal. That way, you can move around the Primordial Ooze's counters without the upkeep getting too big.

T

Troll

Or you could use the Phantom creatures from the Odysee block (I think).

T

train

You could use the phantoms, just don't kill them by removing all the counters...

Mwonvuli ooze is another ooze...

Ley Line...

Forgotten Ancient... Lichenthrope...

Carrion, Carrion feeder?...

Thallids might be another way to go...

A

Ark

Yeah, I was looking into the phantoms, since I'd have to look through my big box o' commons from the older sets. A problem I'm running into is the mana curve. This bloody deck is turning into more trouble than expected. What it needs now is a way to get diverse mana early. the Consumptive goo comes out within the first two or three turns ideally but that's reliant on two black mana, and its ability costs a fair amount. Meh, I'll work it out. Thanks for the suggestions!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
If you're using green, you've got the Birds of Paradise or the Elves that can produce red or black mana (Deepshadow Elves and Skyshroud Elves come to mind). Other than that, I guess it's lands... Gemstone Mine, City of Brass, Thran Quarry (besides duals or pain lands)

T

train

There's also Hall of Gemstones!!!...

But you can look at the comes into play tapped lands, or lairs also...

The greatest thing about green - Harrow!...

A

Ark

Oh yeah! Sweet.

I've got a decent idea of how I'm going to do things now. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. Thanks again!