Necro for 'Nuthin'...post Torment Type II...comments and sugestions please...

P

PTQ

As always...though I usualy get one or two responses if I'm lucky...all comments and sugestions are welcomed and encouraged.

...this seems like it might be worth a damn though, even if I have yet to actually play-test it.

4 Carrion Rats
4 Crypt Creeper
4 Nantaku Shade
4 Faceless Butcher
4 Carrion Wurm

4 Gravestorm

4 Duress
4 Addle
4 Chainer's Edict

4 Cabal Ritual
4 Cabal Pit
16 Swamp

What? What's that? No Threshold or Flashback for you? Huh? I get to draw 2 cards a turn with no draw-back? Poor thing...

P

PTQ

Hi, PTQ, I'm PTQ and I'll help you out.

I think you should swap the Adles for Mesmiric Fiend, as too much discard will be counter-productive to the intended goal of the deck.

G

Griffith_se

I agree PTQ, listen to what PTQ says.

Ever consider a splash of white?
A little White mana could power a big Death Grasp.
Vindicate ain't bad either, Maybe just 4 Caves of Koilos (I don't know).

C

Captain Caveman

Its kind of hard to suggest something because it already looks good.

Everything works in the deck.

Your deck looks like what WoTc wanted us to try.

Sorry, I'm not much help.......

Oh ya, listen to PTQ.

Z

Zadok001

Hi PTQ. I'm not PTQ, but I hope you'll listen to me anyways. :)

I'm thinking Cabal Ritual is highly questionable. Looking at your curve, you're hitting two mana pretty hard, IMHO to the point that your turn three will often be spent dropping another 2-drop (you have no less than 16 two-drops). So the Ritual serves mostly as an accelerator to the four-drop. The question then becomes, how often do you need a four-drop on turn three (or a five-drop on turn four) badly enough to sacrifice the card?

I think the answer is "No," due largely to the fact that you are only running 4 four-drops and 4 five-drops. I think the Cabal Rituals could easily become 4x extra Swamps, and you'd lose nothing from your deck build. The only reason I could see that can POSSIBLY justify otherwise is an attempt to get Threshold - Something this deck doesn't really excell at.

Speaking of which, looking at your build (and assuming the Fiend swap for Addle), you have either 12 or 8 Instants/Sorcery spells (whether or not Cabal Ritual swaps out), 4 of which have Flashback. You then have four Crypt Creepers to give you a total of either 16 or 12 graveyard-bound cards, 4 of which have Flashback, and 4 of which are probably better in play.

Can you say "Not getting Threshold this week?" :) Which leads me to believe that perhaps Cabal Pit isn't worth the life. The removal element is good, but generally you're happier to pull something away via Butcher anyways. Dunno on that particular count, but I hear needing your opponent to Wrath before your lands become worthwhile is pretty bad, yes?

Just random thoughts...

(Why is it ALL my suggestions on any deck have to do with mana in some way or another?)