Natural Emergence

M

Mikeymike

The new vote on 'Selecting 8th edition' brought this card to my attention again. Here it is:

So what to do with this thing?

First card that comes to mind is Exploration, as it is also land friendly along with being a green enchantment to bounce. Toss Fastbond in here too I suppose.

Then Horn of Greed. Stinks that your opponent is drawing cards for it too, but hey this is casual. Maybe include Some Gushes, Ghost Towns, Thawing Glaciers and/or Quirion Rangers - anything that causes lands to return to your hand.

Any other Red or Green (preferably cheap) enchantments that would work well with this? Maybe some of these.
Abundance
Seal of Fire
Sylvan Library
Mirari's Wake (keep making those lands more and more dangerous)
Sterling Grove
Goblin Bombardment
Elfhame Santuary
Urza's Saga sleeping enchantments maybe
Fires of Yavimaya

Some nice support cards could be:
Volcanic Wind and/or Rolling Thunder (I will have a lot of mana)
Maze of Ith
Lairs and/or Undiscovered Paradise
Skyshroud Claim (would that activate the Horn of Greed)

Any ideas? I feel like the sky's the limit for this thing.

T

train

concordant crossroads,
living artifact,
rancor,
revelation - would be interesting...

J

Jigglypuff

I like Elfhame Sanctuary; it'll provide you with a source of 2/2 first strikers every turn. I also like Meteor Storm; it gives you a finisher and a cheap enchantment to bounce. My favorite cards for this kind of deck are Fastbond and Fires of Yavimaya, to eliminate the problem of your lands suddenly having summoning sickness. I'd also use some Concordant Crossroads, but giving your opponent's creatures haste can sometimes backfire on you. Skyshroud Claim wouldn't trigger the Horn of Greed, but it wouldn't be too awful in this deck.

I wouldn't use Mirari's Wake. You already know my feelings on the Wake; they're way expensive (both in terms of mana and money) and, well, they're way expensive.

Maybe I'll post a Natural Emergence deck in the decks forum. Other than the Natural Emergence-Intruder Alarm-Thawing Glaciers-Fires of Yavimaya deck.

(- Steve -)