Myr Incubator = quick death?

R

Reverend Love

If you haven't yet seen Myr Incubator take a look at it here . I think they'res some great potential for this to be an overwhelming type card.

Here's a quick example of a deck.

4 Myr Incubator

4 Blue Artifact Lands
4 Black Artifact Lands
4 Green Artifact Lands
4 White Artifact Lands

4 Urza's Tower
4 Urza's Mine
4 Urza's Powerplant

Throw is some other cards as you see fit and blamo!

T

train

That could be dangerous with the artifact lands coming out also...

Not only can you remove artifacts, but artifact lands and the like...

T

train

Don't know what I was reading...

But all the moxen could be included also...

R

Rooser

Oh yeah, this can really be a bomb, and it's surprisingly organic.

1) It's an artifact, so there's no reason not to run 4 because the first one can remove the other three.

2) Artifact lands. Yeah buddy.

3) Mana producing Artifacts, of which there are plenty in this set, gets you up to 6 mana faster, and the ones you don't draw turn into Myr token.

The problem with this strategy is that it's a "wad shooter." Once you shoot your wad, you'd better win next turn. If they Pyroclasm or Wrath of God on the next turn, you're done.

A way to deal with this would be to give them haste somehow, which really shouldn't be hard at all, (That red Concordant Crossroads they printed comes to mind).

In conclusion, giving them haste is almost a must if you want this to really work.

R

Reverend Love

Or you can just do it at the end of their turn that way:

A: It's past their Sorcery time, meaning your safe from most mass removal such as WoG and Pyroclasm.

B: Your turn they're available for attack.

C: Combined with cheap creatures which are buffed from artifacts overwhelm them.

D: Splash blue for one purpose...protecting your creatures.

E: Find a way to "fling" them at your opponent.

R

Rooser

Well of COURSE. You pop it at EOT. I'm an idiot. Not that I wouldn't run other creatures, but this thing wins by itself in one turn, so you don't have to support it with other creatures to win. Heck, this thing could fill the void left by Psychatog as the control deck's late-game win condition.

Perhaps Blue/Red. Run stifle maybe to counter Slice and Dice or Bane of the Living? Put a REmove Soul on an Isochron Scepter?

M

Mikeymike

Give them all Trample!....
Sorry I couldn't resist.

Is there a card (blue probably) that allows you to shuffle cards in hand back into your library?

Acutally if you run 16+ artifact lands and 20+ artifacts getting 25+ critters shouldn't be too difficult.

You do need to worry about Slice N Dice, Starstorm, and Goblin Sharpshooter - they all show up in ONblock play and probably will in Mirrodin as well.

Maybe some white cards that give your creatures protection from the color of your choice until EOT?

D

DeathMaster666

What about Second Sunrise (lets you put them back into play) or Coat of Arms (makes them bigger). Also I would suggest the Affinity creatures (Myr Enforcer and Frogmite), if you have them in your hand you can play them for free. Mass Hysteria is still the best idea, though.

R

Reverend Love

Got my version of a deck running Myr Incubator in the Decks boards if your interested.

M

mythosx

pandemonium....always pandemonium...this reminds me of the old snake basket. either that or you could use a disciple of the vault....with that you could just attack...either they deal one point or the guy loses one point...either way its game

R

Rooser

Mass Hysteria is NOT the best idea. You can activate the Incubator as the END OF THEIR TURN, there by bestowing virtual haste upon the tokens. Starstorm and Slice and Dice are really the only answers to that. I like the Disciple of the Vault idea, as he will trigger even if he dies at the same time as the tokens.

M

mythosx

Not mass hysteria, The actual card pandemonium. The exodus rare. Whenever a creature comes into play, that creatures controller may have it deal damage equal to its power to target creature or player. Its an enchantment.

R

Rooser

I wasn't correcting you, I was correcting the guy who said that mass hysteria was a good idea.