My sliver deck

B

brooding_sliver

Color breakdown: 14.29%-white, 14.29% green, 28.57% Blue, 7.14% artifact, 21.43%-land

9 Island
8 Plains
7 Forest
4 Muscle Sliver
4 Winged Sliver
4 Crystalline Sliver
2 Victual Sliver
3 Shifting Sliver
4 Plated Sliver
4 Metallic Sliver
3 Pacifism
4 Mana Leak
2 Miscalculation
2 Tribal Unity
=========================
60 cards total

Killer Joe

It's good to see another "Counter-Sliver" player. Soon enough there will be many expert 'Sliver' players to comment.

For me, if this list is working for you, go with it.

I'll post mine:

"UGW Counter-Sliver"
4x Crystalline Sliver
4x Victual Sliver (GW life guy)
4x Muscle Sliver
3x Winged Sliver
1x Talon Sliver
4x Survival of the Fittest
1x Squee, Goblin Nabob
4x Mana Leak
4x Counterspell
2x Quash (Tech from train :))
4x Disenchant
1x Worship

4x Yavimaya Coast
4x Elfhame Palace
4x Coastal Tower
5x Island
3x Plains
2x Forest

For me, I just like consistency. The little bit of utility I have is just enough to keep me protected. But hey, that's just me. There are many more versions and opinions out there.

Cheers!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Nice to see Train recommending blue cards...

Anyway, I tend more toward Killer Joe's build...

I don't play Countersliver, but I have everything I want to build a great deck for it, except the mana base...

Survival wasn't something I playtested back when I was trying Countersliver out, since it's too annoying to get four of them, but it's great that you've got it in there and with Squee to help it out, I'm sure it's a great sliver-finding tool that wins games (especially when it's finding Crystalline or Muscle Slivers)...

Just wondering though about a few choices...

Why more Victual Slivers than Talon Slivers?

No StP? No FoW? Those seem like pretty potent cards for CounterSliver...

F

f-6

Well, I suppose if the deck is an extended decklist (?) both StP and FoW are banned...?

@brooding_sliver: Nice deck. just a few questions. Why the Mistform Sliver? You are a little bit mana light for a three color 64 card deck. If you have the money and play the format, add 1 Tropical island, 1 Savannah and 4 land grant (count these as lands). You only need one of each to fix things. The Metallic sliver is not all that good, but I understand if you need a one drop and a non-colordependant guy. You should look at Killer Joes mana base. It is pretty good and not to expensive.

@Killer Joe: Really nice deck. You too would (of corse) benefit from a few dual lands. Also, the survival engine makes it possible for you to run one-of:s like a lone Essence sliver for massive life gain or even non-sliver cards like Viridian shaman (hate those Ensnaring bridges), Mystic snake or others. Quash is a cool choice. It is rarely dead in casual play.

B

brooding_sliver

Let me start by saying I chose the slivers who's abilities were global. I decided it would pay off in the long run, by making it easier for them to get smarter. as for the specific reasoning for each card in my "Counter Sliver deck". I think its best to do this by color, lets start with the white cards:
The plated slivers are obviously really cheap cards that have a stacking global ability. The essence sliver well thats to gain life mid to end game (if i draw it, its expensive casting cost is why there is only one of them.) And the pacifism is just there to stall my opponent, and maybe play a lilt head game wit him too.
Now for the deck's green cards: The muscle slivers, these guys explain theme shelves. the Brood Sliver well he's got a great ability that works well with others. Again only one of these bad boys made the cut because of the high casting cost. Tribal unity, well hey who doesn't like a little +X/+X.
Blue is the core of my strategy, being the largest portion of my deck. The shifting slivers provide unblockability mid to end-game, helping my creatures get damage across.It's high cost made me reluctant to use him, but in the end he was a needed member of the team. Another card which has no need for explanation is the four Winged Slivers, but I will--they provide evasiveness early on in the game, helping my brood live to reach mid-game. Now u may be asking why the one Mistform Sliver? The answer is its another cheap body.(while its ability could help sway A game against another tribal deck, like zombies). Miscalculation a cheap counter spell--that cycles is a plus (helps get the card you need). Mana Leak while costing the same as a miscalculation costs an additional 1 for opponents to counter. Counter spell, This my friend is the ultimate denial card, more expensive that the previous two rejection type spells, but more powerful. Propaganda these things really help discourage attacking, with their stacking abilities.
Now the multi-colored lot provide powerful abilities and help tie the decks colors together giving it a unified theme. The two Victual Slivers provide the needed life early to mid game, while not as nice as its cousin the essence sliver, he is faster making him viable.Crystalline Slivers by far the corner stone of my deck, giving my creatures untargetability.
Metallic Sliver the only artifacts in my deck provide the cheapest means of dropping a creature quickly,make the numbers of slivers grow that much more faster.

Killer Joe

Casual only.

Brooding Dude: While your points are valid for each choice you have made there IS something to be said for consistency. 2 of's and 1 of card choices aren't going to be that consistent. I mean, you need to be able to count on your deck giving you what you need WHEN you need it.

4x Crystalline Slivers (Don't play a Sliver Deck without them)
4x Muscle Sliver (like YOU said, "Who doesn't like a little +1/+1...")
Xx Winged Sliver (Of course Flying is good, but I am of the mind of THREE copies of this guy becuase he's just not that good by himself whereas the Muscle and Crystalline can tough it out if they're alone)
1x Talon Sliver? (Yeah, it goes against my "1 of" argument but with four copies of Survival of the Fittest in the deck I'm okay with one Talon)

The Victuals are OUT!!!!!! Thanks Oversoul :)

In go:
3x Swords to Plowshares
2x Pulse of the Fields (I can wait awhile for this spell to show up)
1x Genesis (I'll dig for him with Survival otF)

Out goes:
4x Victual Slivers
1x Disenchant
1x Mana Leak

As for MY mana production I DO have four Tropical Islands, two Savanna's and 1 Tundra. Maybe my mana list could look like this:

4x Tropical Island
2x Savanna
2x Brushland (or Windswept Heath)
1x Tundra
3x Adarkar Wastes (or Flooding Strands)
5x Island
3x Plains
2x Forest

Also Brood Dude, some utlility would help, too. Going "Tribal" is good but a lick of utility goes a long way.

B

brooding_sliver

i tested my mana base on aprentice and it ssems to be worrking well only one out of every ten first hands has no manna.

mythosx, id gladly tag theam with you it'd be great fun

D

DeathMaster666

Maybe you should put City of Brass in the mana base?
Edit: You can tag team against my Upwelling deck and my friend's Portal 3 Kingdoms deck O_O.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
What happened to the post where you, um, mentioned them anyway? I looked for it because I couldn't remember what it said, and now I don't see it...

T

train

search for the word, and posted by "train" and it might help you find them...

M

mythosx

My recommendation is to run a fat 200 card 5 color sliver deck. But thats just me.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Highlander" as in only 1 card of each spell allowed? Yeah, it's usually not done because Slivers want to come in multiples. It'd definitely be a challenge.