My poetry

F

FmK-AnC

yeah, how is poetry.com a scam? they dont really publish your stuff? or what... and i write poetry too... if anyone wants to see it, and im sure you dont... you can pm me about it

-AnC

S

Svenmonkey

Poetry.com is a scam in the fact that, no matter what you enter into their contest, you "win" and then they offer to publish it for you in a book of a bunch of other kids' poetry, but the book costs you like $70. They make money off of the few folks who think they're the best poets ever and don't realize it's a sham (also referred to as scam/flim-flam. See Volume II, Episode IV, p. 921-922).

By the way, I don't really write poetry, I'm just a-joking.

Here's some new painfully bad stuff:

Cheese is best,
Makes you rest,
In a nest,
Not a jest.

Elk are great,
Really first-rate,
I could date,
An elk's net weight.

F

FmK-AnC

how do you know this though?? and its 68 dollers by the way, my friend did it..

-AnC

S

Svenmonkey

Enter any poem you like. Heck, enter a 9-page essay on the bad effects of philanthropy, and you will "win." If you really want to read what I submitted (half of the words in this were created by a randomly-opened dictionary) here it is-

Apocalypse

Yea, the great opposum,
upon his humble hind lay a flea of twenty,
who's vast fisheries exceeded rest,
"but why?" quoth the flea,
"must I tabanise myself upon this marsupial hide?,"
"The tollage lieth beyond."

Along the line of sand grains Crotalus basks awaiting,
till blazing sheets of flame parget the shining portal,
and death lie awaiting infenitismal legions,
abrasions on marsupial hides be lessened,
Pestilence cometh to the Siphonapteran.

The gate of peril gloweth before the fleafolk,
blazing like an unearthen comet,
pulling through the parasites three by three,
three by three they disappeared,
through the window of no mercy,
defenestrated.

F

FmK-AnC

hmmm, i donno... could be... but you never know... that could be really good and you dont know it..

-AnC

F

FmK-AnC

hey sven, you know what... theres no way that everyone wins... they have like 30 books out... and theres 1500 poems per book... thats what? 45000 users... theres 6.4 million users on that sight... so maybe theres a lot chosen but still.... out of 6.4 million its almost nothing

S

Svenmonkey

Well they at least have extremely loose guidelines on what is good and what is not. And I don't like "winning" things when the prize is giving someone else money.

F

FmK-AnC

hehe... think of it this way... you dont have to buy the book, youll be published anyway

A

Apollo

Probably only the people that buy the book get published. That's why there's only 45000 poems published out of all those people. Most were smart enough to say no.

F

FmK-AnC

you could still go to the book store and see it... and if its not there you can sew... beacause it would be false advertisement...

S

Svenmonkey

Jeez! You can sew anything these days!

As long as it's... cloth!

"What a terrible joke!"

T

train

I said no... laminating that they were publishing it was enough... wonder if I could sue them for saying they published it and it not being published...:yawn:

S

Svenmonkey

I sure don't.

By the way, I think you spelled "believe" wrong in your signature unless it's supposed to be some kind of play on words, whereas it's a bad one.

T

train

just change your username to Bill Gates FmK.... half the population will know none-the-better...

F

FmK-AnC

well thanks for correcting my shiety spelling... and i will be the next bill gates thank you very much...