My New Infinite mana toy....plz comment...

T

Tabasco

Ok so I was looking over darksteel and found a great combo...

Voltaic Constuct and Metalworker!

of course...you need at least 2 artifacts in your hand to make this work but nontheless it is still an "infinite" engine.

Then I thought to myself....how to break it?.....I found myself looking at one of my favorite darksteel cards....Thought Dissector.

With these three cards you have the ultimate decking machine.....

Here's my prposed decklist....Hope you enjoy:

Artifacts

4 Metalworker
4 Thran Dynamo
4 Voltaic Construct
4 Welding Jar
4 AEther Spellbomb
4 Thought Dissector

Blue Spells

4 Fabricate
1 Tinker
4 Thoughtcast
4 Brainstorm

Blue Creatures

4 Veldaken Engineer

Lands

4 Seat of the Synod
15 Islands

I will accept critisism, however, I dont want anyone saying "oh you should do this"...then completely change everything.

Thank you and enjoy!!!

N

Nightstalkers

*mumbles to himself* I'm so going to petition for a [card] command or something...

Code:
Please hold while verifying card text, this may take a minute....

DONE....

It would word, and it seems that the Voltaic are still as powerful as ever ^_^

Okay, so it works, I congratulate you on this neat little play... and I love you like a brother for finding another infinite mana combo for me to exploit.... not to get my hands on a few metalworkers and voltaic constructs...

Nightstalker Habuki

T

train

you really need more kill/decking than the dissector... if you run into someone running artifacts - oyu'll hit plenty, and lose the dissectors...

What about something like braingeyser, or splashing red for something like an X burn spell...

Or a life gain spell, or some other method of getting infinite use out of the combo...

Maybe even make slivers - or decree of justice...;)

A

Al0ysiusHWWW

Ah stupid new cards. But I like it... Oh I can't keep this up any longer. I love it. I want to bear its children. This is what I would do with it
The deck looks cool and all, but it has a big weakness: no disruption. Discard would eat it alive, Burn could probably out race it if not destroy your creature five times over, and a well placed counter cripples you.
So there is two options left you I see. Add counter magic, or artifact acceleration. A couple of mana leaks and what not would be a positive addition. If it was me I would add arcane denials, rewinds, misdirections, force of wills, but that is just me. I like the dynamo but it takes awhile to get out without more mana acceleration. Obviously you have the metal worker but getting him out takes three turns or so without some mana acceleration. Some positive additions if you could get a hold of them, mana vault, Grim Monolith, sol Ring. You can see where I am going with this.
Next issue is Kill condition. That card is good unless they have a lot of artifacts in their deck that can't kill them. Since you have blue in there may I suggest stroke of Genius or Braingyser. First stroke yourself and draw your library. Then stroke your opponent.
Add more tinkers! Tinker is such an awesome card.
I like brainstorm, but of course Frantic search is free mana wise. And if you added Tinker you might consider Memory jar. One of the best card drawers, watch out for megrim though. And a voltaic key or two never hurts.
I don't know about Welding Jar, and AEther Spellbomb.

Here is what my decklist would look like:

4x Metal Worker
4x Voltaic Construct
4x Stroke of Genius
4x Tinker
4x Sol Ring
4x Thran Dynamo
4x Voltaic Key
2x Memory Jar
4x Arcane Denial
4x Rewind
4x Frantic Search
4x Seat of the Synod
14x Island

Not sure about the lands yet. Of course a tolarian academy would kick major bootay. But that is just wishful thinking

D

DeathMaster666

Memory Jar, Sol Ring, Tinker, Stroke of Genius, and Voltaic Key are all restricted. I would suggest running a Mox Diamond, a Mana Vault, a Grim Monolith, a Mana Crypt, and a Braingeyser. If you can, I'd put 2 Prosperitys in there to get to your kill cards faster. If need be, you can force a draw with the Prosperity.

A

Al0ysiusHWWW

Originally posted by DeathMaster666
Memory Jar, Sol Ring, Tinker, Stroke of Genius, and Voltaic Key are all restricted. I would suggest running a Mox Diamond, a Mana Vault, a Grim Monolith, a Mana Crypt, and a Braingeyser. If you can, I'd put 2 Prosperitys in there to get to your kill cards faster. If need be, you can force a draw with the Prosperity.
Yeah but you also risk decking yourself and giving them cards like pitch counters that can screw you over and give them the kill I don't trust prosperity. Stroke and geyser kill them out right. But it is a good card drawer if you are stuck, prosperity I mean.
by the by Chrome Mox is better than Mox diamond in a mono coloured deck, otherwise you would be better of putting in another land

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Mox Diamond in this deck lets you pitch a land and there are 19 lands. You don't need them that much in this deck after getting some artifact mana out...

Chrome Mox requires a blue card to get blue mana, and there aren't that many blue cards in the deck...

I'm not sure with this deck whether to use one, the other, both, or neither. It depends on what other changes are made in the decklist...

A

Al0ysiusHWWW

Originally posted by Oversoul
Mox Diamond in this deck lets you pitch a land and there are 19 lands. You don't need them that much in this deck after getting some artifact mana out...

Chrome Mox requires a blue card to get blue mana, and there aren't that many blue cards in the deck...

I'm not sure with this deck whether to use one, the other, both, or neither. It depends on what other changes are made in the decklist...
In his version there is like 17 spells that seems like enough for a chrome to me.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, seems that way. But it seems like Diamond would be easy to run as well...

Anyway, a Mana Crypt would be better than either one...

An Academy might work, but I'm not sure if it would be particularly powerful until it's past the point in the game where it's necessary...

You seem to be completely correct about the Jar and Spellbomb. There are simply better cards to fill those slots. I would go with maybe a bit more blue and definitely include Force of Will for example.

Anyway, while we're debating which restricted cards to add, there's no reason not to add Ancestral Recall, Mox Sapphire...

A

Al0ysiusHWWW

Ok now you are just doing it on purpose. Knock it off twiggy. Less they linch us.

A

Al0ysiusHWWW

You are intentionally antangonizing them with new cards with no intention of actually aiding them in any way. You are going to agrivate someone, and I am going to get blamed along with you. It has happened before.

D

DeathMaster666

Originally posted by Al0ysiusHWWW
You are intentionally antangonizing them with new cards with no intention of actually aiding them in any way. You are going to agrivate someone, and I am going to get blamed along with you. It has happened before.
What in rod's name are you talking about. Are you high?

A

Al0ysiusHWWW

Am I high? I am not the one saying what in rod's name. So far whenever I suggest something or when Oversoul suggests something, it is usually pointed out that the card is banned or restricted. There has been a lot of comments about this issue how we use restricted and banned cards in casual play, which apparently not everybody finds that acceptable. Well rather than actually suggesting cards that are some what possible to get, he suggests some incredibly expensive and elusive cards knowing full well that it would be nearly impossible to get those cards. He is suggesting things just so people could be all upset about him suggesting restricted and banned cards. That is not a serious suggestion. I haven't slept in like three days so I got new cards confused with restricted and banned cards, since I use new cards as a negative term and in this sense so are the restircted cards. Force of habit + Lack of sleep = Stupid new restricted cards Oversoul contiuely suggests to get me persecuted, since no one can play them because A new ancestral recall doesn't exist.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, actually, Tabasco plays with 13NoVa I believe, and they have a good chance of getting "T1" cards if they need them, either in their area or trading... and the only real "new" card is Chrome Mox. I think one of them actually has an Ancestral Recall, but I could be mistaken...

Anyway, the point is, they probably could get the cards if they really wanted, so making such suggestions isn't that bad. Of course, realizing this, if they didn't mention the card then in the first place, there's (hopefully) some good reason why they didn't include it...

T

Tabasco

Maybe I should explain why I chose the cards I did.

I only included one tinker, because it is restricted in T1 (I format most of my decks by T1 rules)

The Welding Jar is free and can save one of my artifacts when the is alot of destruction especially in the current environtment (Naturalize, Oxidize, Red artifact destruct cards,......)

AEther Spellbomb is nice because I can either draw a card with it or bounce a fatty of theirs with it. I can also return one of my creatures who is about to die from a burn spell or some other removal.

The Engineer I think is sweet because he taps to add 2 mana of any color that can only be used to play artifact spell or artifact abilitys. So he fits well. I can use 4 of him in T1 versus only 1 Sol ring.

I also am not worried about counters because I have cards drawing and Fabricate is almost as good as Tinker:

Fabricate
2U
Sorcery

Search your library for an artifact card and put it in your hand. Then shuffle your library.

So it is essentially the same except:

-You dont have to sac an artifact
-It doesnt go right into play

So I have 5 cards that let me searh my library for any artifact I need

I also dont care about disruption, because I have 4 of's of all the cards I deem inportant.

I hope this better clarifys the decklist

I do have 4 dissector in the deck and can activate all 4 of them in one turn If I have them out.

I could also add a Ambasssador Laquatus

BTW: I will add a braingeyser...I have one extra!

T

train

Good move on the Braingeyser... I was just noticing that the dissector seemed to be the only kill - and with all the artifact decks out there - even in type 1 - you'd probably hit bumps everytime you tried to use the dissector - so I really think that Braingeyser - or Laquatus - as you mentioned, is a really good idea...;)

M

MrPapersHead

This is how I would work it.

Artifacts
1 Grim Monolith
4 Metalworker
1 Mox Diamond
1 Sol Ring
4 Voltaic Construct
1 Voltaic Key
Blue
4 AEther Burst
4 Arcane Denial
4 Ambassador Laquatus
1 Braingeyser
1 Frantic Search
4 Power Sink
3 Prosperity
3 Rewind
1 Stroke of Genius
Mana
18 Island
4 Seat of the Synod
1 Tolarian Academy

The Tolarian Academy isn't as bad as you would first think in here. Normally you are relying on it for a big boost, but in this deck you just need it so you can cast your 3cc or 4cc spells a turn or two early.
The Prosperities make for both nice card drawing, and early game decking until you come to one of the other cards.
There is enough counterspell base to fend off quite a bit, and some of it works well with the fact that infinite mana can be had.
Maybe I am just rambling and stating the obvious, maybe not. But the meter has run out of time, and therefore I must go.