My Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring review...yes, I'm a fanboy...

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Originally posted by Ghost_of_Rando
As for the "is it a children's film?" question, no it is not. The books were never meant to be children's stories, but were renounced as such by the main-stream critics and so-called experts becasue of the subject matter. Everyone knows that grown, mature adults don't read stories about elves and dragons. :rolleyes: I frankly do not see how any child could wade his or her way through the hundreds and hundreds of pages of dry, achedemic history and linguistics leasons.
I agree, especially about the last part. Most children in this country couldn't wade their way through even Harry Potter if they tried :).

I still haven't seen it, but only because I prefer to read the book first in cases like these. I'll probably see it eventually.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
theorgg: I thought Cabin Boy would be funny based on the trailers, but the trailers were the only funny things about it. I would rate it a video rental when there's absolutely nothing else and you've seen everything else at least three time :)

Z

Zadok001

Most of the character's size manipulation was done digitally. You can imagine how much hell poor Elijah Wood had to go through, being forced to stare several feet above another actors head so that once he was shrunk, he'd be looking at their face. :) (You'll note that in one shot in the Elven city, it's fairly obvious he wasn't shrunk for a few of the shots - He holds a handrail in one shot that comes up to his waist, for example.)

An excellent, film, however. I have zero complaints. And the casting for the elves is FANTASIC.

Z

Zhaneel

having never read the books *hides* i had nothing to compare the movie to. i enjoyed it, tho the intro was rather lengthy. necessary, but lengthy.

of course, it all comes down to this: Legolas is the most beautiful two-legger i've seen in quite some time. (don't hit me! that wasn't all i got out of it!:D ;) )