My latest concoctions

I

Istanbul

Radiation (R)
Sorcery
When you play Radiation, sacrifice a land.
Radiation deals 2 damage to all creatures.
Flashback: Sacrifice all creatures you control.
How much will you give to defeat your opponent?

Epiphany (3U)
Instant
Draw two cards.
Flashback: Discard your hand.
Sometimes, you must empty your mind to fill it again.

Dispel (2W)
Instant
Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
Flashback: Each of your opponents gains 5 life.
Which is more lethal: the magic, or its wielder?

Homicide (2B)
Instant
Destroy target non-black creature.
Flashback: Put a 1/1 black Skeleton creature into play under your opponent's control. That token has '1: Regenerates'.
Word to the wise: always be sure that the problem you solve is worse than the one you create.

Thunderstorm (2G)
Sorcery
Thunderstorm deals two damage to all flying creatures and both players.
Flashback: Sacrifice the creature you control with the highest power.
The sky and the land meet; what affects one will eventually affect the other.

Spite Stone (3)
Artifact
1, Sacrifice a permanent: Target player removes the top card of his or her library from the game.
The device's name describes its function perfectly: give all, so that others might have none.

Dismantling Facility
Land
T: Add 1 to your mana pool.
T, Sacrifice an enchantment: Add WW to your mana pool.
T, Sacrifice a land: Add GG to your mana pool.
T, Discard a card: Add UU to your mana pool.
T, Sacrifice an artifact: Add RR to your mana pool.
T, Sacrifice a creature: Add BB to your mana pool.

D

DÛke

I was looking at these cards, and have noticed that just by looking at the cards' names, I had different ideas for each card:

Radiation (XRR)
Instant
Choose and discard X cards.
Radiation deals 2+Y damage to target creature, where Y is the amount of Red mana in all the discarded cards' total mana costs.

>>In my opinion, it seems to me that a the mana cost of a card reflects its "radiation," so when I needed a heat radiation, I figured that the amount of red mana in the casting cost of the cards discarded should be the "radiation."

Epiphany (4UU)
Instant
You may discard 2 Blue cards from your hand instead of paying Epiphany's total mana cost.
Look at target player's hand and draw 3 cards.

>>I believe that an Epiphany is like a "stroke of genius" that happens to suddenly. It opens one's mind, so the card-drawing ability seems to fit well. I also decided to add the telepathic aspect because Epiphany is more than just an idea (drawing of cards), it's like an insight to a lot of things. The ACC represents how fast and sudden an Ephiphany may strike.

Homicide (B)
Instant
Draw a card.
Choose 1: Put a Target counter on target creature, or target player sacrifices all creatures he or she controls with a Target counter on them.

>>I don't know. To me, a Homicide is very well planned work, therefore, it doesn't even occur as fast as a Terror, or Dark Banishing does. You must first "target" the victim, then go in for the kill. The "Draw a card" shows the planning part of the card, and additionally, it can speed up the process of finding other Homicide cards...

Thunderstorm (1GU)
Instant
Tap all creatures.
Thunderstorm deals 2 damage to all Flying creatures and each player.

>>A thunderstorm is something distracting, and you see that in the "tap all creatures." The rest is just Istanbul's card.

Spite Stone (3)
Artifact
Sacrifice a permanent, sacrifice Spite Stone: Remove the top 5 cards of target player's library from the game.
1, Sacrifice a permanent: Target player removes the top card of his or her library from the game.

>>Basically, I added the an extra ability which is actually useful. A Spite Stone is something powerful...you can have one shot at it, or you can inflict the pains eventually...or both...

About Dismantling Facility, I couldn't agree more about what it does. Perfect.

Nice cards...

I

Istanbul

Duke - Those are neat and all, but...they're entirely different cards. I'm looking for non-mana ways to play Flashback, and would like opinions on MY cards, not entirely new ones...

F

FoundationOfRancor

Radiation
At first I compared this to Pyroclasm, and I thought it sucked. But it has many advantages. Sure, the first time you play it, its totally not worth it. But this has the potential to deal 4 damage to all creatures. I think its pretty balanced, but also pretty specific.

Epiphany
Great for Fish decks...obviosuly better than Inspiration, but inspiration isnt that good. Id say its pretty balanced. What do you think about Concentrate Istanbul?

Dispel
Blah, but fine.

Homicide
Should be 1BB, or its better than Dark Banishing (And Dark Banishing is a good card).
I love the flavor text, but I dont think the name fits the card.
Also, a comment on duke's Homicide. Any card that requires numerous copies of itself for any effect is utter crap, and totally unfair.

Thunderstorm
Seems fine to me, but reword "Both Players" to "All players"

Spite Stone
This card seems really bad to me, but I suppose with a token generator or something like that, its quite good. Love the flavor text.

Dismantling Facility
Looks fine to me.

I

Istanbul

Originally posted by FoundationOfRancor
Epiphany
Great for Fish decks...obviosuly better than Inspiration, but inspiration isnt that good. Id say its pretty balanced. What do you think about Concentrate Istanbul?

Homicide
Should be 1BB, or its better than Dark Banishing (And Dark Banishing is a good card).
I love the flavor text, but I dont think the name fits the card.
Also, a comment on duke's Homicide. Any card that requires numerous copies of itself for any effect is utter crap, and totally unfair.
I dislike Concentrate because of one word: Sorcery. Concentrate should have been an Instant. I passed up drafting a foil one.

Homicide is identical in CC to Dark Banishing because its flashback comes with a significant drawback.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Oh...I see, is sorcery card drawing really that bad?

Well, the very fact that Homicide *has* flashback means it's more powerful than Dark Banishing. It doesent really matter all that much, because Dark Banishing isnt really played much (Even though it is still a vry good, balanced card)

I

Istanbul

Sorcery card drawing really is that bad.

Look at Opt vs. Sleight of Hand.
Both get you one card in hand.
Both cost the same amount and kind of mana.
Sleight of Hand is actually a little bit better.
But which one gets put into decks?

Precisely.

And yes, Homicide is a little bit better than Dark Banishing. That's my goal: making cards that would get put into decks, without making cards that every deck would make room for. (I hope that makes sense.)

G

Goku

I think Dismantling Facility is nifty. Of course, I'm also a suicidal player sometimes....

I

Istanbul

Now that people have a better concept of Flashback, what do you think of these cards?