My deck

S

sorcerer

I have several decks right now but for the time being this is my favorite, not to win but to really have an interesting game. Anyway I would like any ideas and/or comments.
-LANDS-
10 plains
6 swamp
1 spawning pool
5 islands
2 city of brass

-ARTIFACTS-
1 thran golem
1 thran weaponry
1 phyrexian vault
1 yotian soldier
2 wall of junk

-GOLD-
1 dakkon blackblade
1 selenia, dark angel

-BLACK-
Creatures
1 commander greven il-vec
1 dauthi ghoul
1 blood vassal
Spells
1 expunge
1 hand of death
1 victimize
2 unearth
1 sleeper's guile

-WHITE-
Creatures
2 ardent militia
1 venerable monk
2 infantry veteran
1 solitari foot soldier
1 solitari trooper
1 orim, samite healer
Spells
1 opal champion
3 radiant's judgment
1 disenchant
1 peace and quiet
2 cessation
1 alabaster potion
2 hero's resolve
1 empyrial armor
1 orim's prayer
1 worship
1 blessed reversal

-BLUE-
Creatures
1 disruptive student
1 walking sponge
Spells
2 counterspell
1 dream cache
1 levitation

This deck is pretty good. Kind of slow, but very effective in casual play. There is really no main theme besides use the creatures with shadow and weak ones to defend and offend until the bigger creatures come out. Comments or suggestions post below.

Destiny,chance,fate,fortune-they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures.
-Gerrard of the Weatherlight

D

Dune Echo

Since this is a casual deck, I would replace Hand of Death with Dark Banishing or Diabolic Edict. At least they're both instants. It's cool to see someone playing both Dakkon Blackblade AND Yotian Soldier. Two of my favorite cards. And wouldn't Phyrexian Splicer work better than Walking Sponge? I'm not sure of exactly how each works, but I think that the Splicer taketh and giveth without any major costs. This would be a good multiplayer deck.

Also, since you are using black, Buried Alive with reanimation is awesome with Dakkon Blackblade or another beefy creature.

------------------
Dune Echo

... and no, the Waylay ruling and Thawing Glaciers ruling don't have a damn thing in common. A lot more people like me whined in favor of Waylay!

S

sorcerer

thanks for the advice and I would have a phyrexian spilcer if I had one. I think I might have at some point but I probably traded it.

Destiny,chance,fate,fortune-they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures.

D

Dune Echo

Well, this isn't the right section, but I have 1. Do you want to do a trade or something?

-----------------
Dune Echo

I like any artwork that shows someone being dissected!

S

sorcerer

no not really I have a limited selection of cards that i will trade right now. I highly doubt that you will find some thing you want or even need.

D

Dune Echo

I'm a collector and I'm missing a lot of things for Tempest and Mercadian Masques. List what you have, please.

------------------
Dune Echo

"Civilization is a conspiracy to disguise the mutilation of nature."
--Skyshroud Creed

S

sorcerer

well I don't know if i could make the trade anytime soon but I have:
boil
mindwhip sliver
skyshroud troll
endless scream
and ancient runes
from tempest
( I have only bought one booster )
others i will trade are:
fleeting image
pestilence
and spined fluke

I know these aren't much but I will trade more than one of them for it.

D

Dune Echo

I'm interested in the Boil, Mindwhip Sliver, Fleeting Image, and I think I actually need the Spined Fluke for my collection. I'll let you know. I'd be willing to trade the Phyrexian Splicer and something else for the Fleeting Image to make it worth your while.

[Edited by Dune Echo (12-28-1999 at 07:17 AM).]

------------------
Dune Echo

--Skyshroud Creed

D

Dune Echo

Honestly, Fleeting Image is good under the new rules. You can deal damage with it and bounce it back to your hand. That's why I'd be interested in such a card. Sure beats out a Wind Drake!

Do you need any other commons? I have a buttload of them from Legacy. I'd be willing to throw in a bunch for you. I have at least 2 Dark Rituals laying around. Email me at kirsin.koch@daytonoh.ncr.com if you're interested and for my address.

------------------
Dune Echo

--Skyshroud Creed

S

sorcerer

that's cool
I'd be glad to trade the cards. Real quick do you know of a use for the Fleeting image or are you just going to keep it as a collection.
oh if you don't mind would you trade me a dark ritual and the phyrexian splicer for the cards you want?