My Blightning/Sygg Deck

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
After posting three reports playing with my Blightning/Sygg deck, I've decided to tweak it further that I'm comfortable doing. But, I feel it's necessary. I've finished 3-2, 3-1-1 and 3-1-1 in three straight weeks (ending 10th, 3rd and 6th in the process). Not bad for someone who took 2 1/2 years off of constructed (how many times have I mentioned that?) but I'd like to start seriously competing for the top spots week in and week out out. Here's my decklist from yesterday's tourney.

Mogg Fanatic x4
Hellspark Elemental x4
Sygg, River Cutthroat x3
Goblin Outlander x3
Ashenmoor Gouger x3
Boggart Ram-Gang x3

Incinerate x3
Lash Out x3
Volcanic Fallout x4
Blightning x4
Flame Javelin x4
Banefire x1

Mountain x9
Auntie's Hovel x4
Sulfurous Springs x4
Graven Cairns x4

SB
Banefire x1
Deathmark x3
Anathemancer x3
Hell's Thunder x3
Spiteful Visions x2
Infest x3

Shabbabman mentioned that I need to trim down the 3-ofs, which I whole-hearted agree. Additionally, I'm gonna try adding Anathemancer into the maindeck, along with Terminate (even against my own reasoning).

Here's what It looks like after slight tweaking:

Mogg Fanatic x4
Hellspark Elemental x4
Sygg, River Cutthroat x3
Goblin Outlander x3
Anathemancer x3
Boggart Ram-Gang x3

Incinerate x3
Terminate x4
Volcanic Fallout x3
Blightning x4
Flame Javelin x4
Banefire x1

Mountain x9
Auntie's Hovel x4
Sulfurous Springs x4
Graven Cairns x4

I'm still left with six 3-ofs. Here's the break down:

Goblin Outlander: It turns on the Auntie's Hovel, avoids Path to Exile, fights through white tokens and Wall of Reverence AND holds back Rhox War Monk and Knight of Meadowgrain. This card in maindeck is one of the reasons why it has been constantly winning 3 matches a week. Perhaps making it a 4-of would be nice.

Sygg, River Cutthroat: Main focus of how I've built this version of the Blightning deck, as it gives extra reach for the lack of Demi-gods and is a fine t2 play with no Figure of Destiny to pump up. HOWEVER, and as much as I want to keep it in, I seem to win the same number of matchups without him as I do with him........

Anathemancer: I'd like to jump this guy up to 4 if I can.

Boggart Ram-Gang: Read Anathemancer

Incinerate: Great direct damage card and turns on Sygg for end-of-your-turn hijinks.

Volcanic Fallout: I think 3 of this card is gonna be the right answer. I moved 1 to the side board and removed the Lash Outs to make way for 4 Terminates.

Your thoughts/analysis?

Sideboard possibilities:

I currently have a stack of 40 cards that I could make cases for my sideboard. After last night, I have it tweaked to look like this:

Death Mark x3: BFT is still an issue
Magma Spray x2: Against the mirror match to take out their Hellsparks PLUS against Reveillark to limit their recursion targets
Volcanic Fallout x1: Even though 1 got cut from the maindeck, it's still solid
Chaotic Backlash x3: The BW tokens deck and the Bant deck really needed something to give me more reach. This would've done it
Infest x3: BFT is still an issue
Spiteful Visions x2: It won me 1 match, but since then has done nothing. I may move it out if I find some Everlasting Torments
Anathemancer x1: I'd like to find space to add this to the main

Other cards I own fighting for spots in the side/main:
Lashout x4: Gotta be honest, I've been falling in love with this card, if only for the clash ability able to set up future draws.
Hell's Thunder x4: I found myself siding them in for almost everygame, replacing the Gougers. However, with Anathemancer taking that spot in the main, the immediate damage idea is fulfilled.
Wild Ricochet x2: Haven't had a use for it yet in these tourneys
Banefire x1: I found myself only siding these in against 5cc control and other slow decks. The uncounterability is great, but I have the advantage already against 5cc and it just slows me down. It would do well against the Planeswalkers decks, but I HAVE to hit fast in order to beat those so the second Banefire got the sb axe.
Head Games x1: Have never sided it in. Again, it would only be against 5cc and I'm already so much faster that this is overkill.
Thought Hemmorrhage x1: I'd like to have 2 if I'm gonna make room in my sideboard, but at the same time there aren't many combo decks to necessitate the using of this card (save for Sanity Grinding).
Fulminator Mage: Same rationale for Head Games.
Smash to Smithereens x2: This is one card I'd like to add back in for Tidehollow Sculler and whatnot, but the rest of the sb seemed more urgent.
Ashenmoor Gouger x3: It's a nice 4/4 beater, but Anathemancer was much faster than it.
Dusk Urchins x4: 4/3 for 2B isn't bad, even if it's "downside" is getting smaller to draw more cards later.

Thoughts?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I was asked about this after the tourney I went to. The simple answer is "I only own 1," but I imagine I should be able to fine the others. But, considering it presents more space problems, since I've taken the Gougers out for the Anathemancers.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
Hm. Somehow I thought Sygg was River Kelpie, and I thought your deck was pretty clever. However, now I know Sygg isn't River Kelpie, and now I'm not very impressed ;) I don't think Sygg is great. I can imagine you can draw some cards off of it, but you really have to make it work. You can only draw cards when you do enough damage, and (like you say yourself) by that you're probably winning anyway.

So take a look at Scarscale Ritual. Great with the Unearth cards in your deck. And it's cheap (keeping budget concerns in my mind here). My guess is that it's better in your deck than Sygg. And then you could trade your Sygg's while they still hold value.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
It shouldn't be too hard to find some Everlasting Torments.... and some have recommended that I play them in the main. What do you think?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
Well, that's metagaming. If you expect to play a lot of decks with lifegain or BFT, then yes, that might make sense.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Well, 9 of the 14 matches I've played (1 of my 15 saw my opponent leave without dropping) saw some lifegain in their deck, either in the form of Wall of Reverence, Ajani Vengeant, Knight of Meadowgrain, Rhox War Monk or Behemoth Sledge (I think that's it). This particular shop likes lifegain.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
Then perhaps it's worth a try. You could move the Terminates to the SB and maximize direct damage and Volcanic Fallouts.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
If you're suggesting to move Terminates to SB, are you also suggesting to put in 4 ETs? Seems like a bit much to me. Perhaps 2-3 ET's and add another Anathemancer/Ram-Gang?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
No, 4 Everlasting Torments seem like a lot. Try two first, with another 1 or 2 in the SB, and add the 4th Volcanic Fallout and Incinerate. You need the Everlasting torments together with direct damage.