My best game ever ...

A

asadoine

I just had my "casual tuesday" the other day and we ended up playing two headed giant and then emperor.

I had build up a neat Rec/sur deck, more multiplayer orientated with control in my mind.

Here the deck list

4 survival
2 recur
1 oath of ghoul
3 duress
1 fervor
1 opposition
2 Vampiric Tutor
1 living death
4 bop
4 wall of blossom
1 stampeding wild beast (combo with WOB)
1 squee
2 monk realist
1 monk idealist
1 sex monkey
1 nekraatal
1 man o'war
1 spike feeder
1 peacekeeper
1 ghitu fireslinger
1 deranged hermit
2 academy rector
1 spirit of the night
1 sliver queen
1 Radiant dragoon
Lands :
4 bayou
4 city of brass
4 reflecting pool
1 savannah
1 scrubland
1 Taiga
1 Tropical Island
1 B/G painland (pine barren ??)
1 Kor haven
1 Phyrexian tower
1 Volrath's stronghold
1 Lotus Vale

With a little bit of acceleration it could be ok for duel but like that it was cool in multiplayer.

I played emperor
We were playing against Secret force, a poison deck and a rogue deck with lots of good old stuff.

I had to living death after a few turns because Secret force and poison deck had a lot of stuff on the board ...

The time I get set up (without survival and with 1 rec in the graveyard) my right hand General was dead (playing white weenie).

My left hand general had to leave so we agreed we just keeps his life total. Until that total was down to 0 I could not be attack from the left.

So there I was 1 against 3 ...

I tutored for a peacekeeper which let me time to be "more comfortable).

In the meanwhile I managed to get the squirrel prison out and slowly got a grasp on the game.

After an hour of teduous fighting, I managed to win. But let me tell you it was a great fight with incredible interaction all over the board and a lot of concentration. I really felt exhausted after that one ...

Any of you have to comment on their great games ??? ( I dont call sweeping the opponent on turn 2 a great game )

berto

T

The Magic Jackal

How about an emporer game where your team doen't even lose a single life?

A

asadoine

I didnt mean it the best game because I won, I meant because it took so long and each turn was interesting with many options and a mistake could have cost me the game, the interaction between players was incredible...
Even if I had lost I would have enjoyed it

berto

D

Duel

Duel, red sligh vs. suicide black deck. best 2 out of three.
First game, third turn kill by me ala suicide black. Life totals 17-0.

Next game, slaughtered by red burn on turn six, life totals 0-20

Third game, life totals reached a point of 1-4 before I put away my opponent with a big-ass dauthi slayer. It took me about twenty turns to win, the longest my black deck has ever played and won.

That was one of the games where I said "Fantastic game" to my opponent and really meant it.

D

Duel

I think one of the most fun things is when two similar decks get together. I remember a counterspell deck duel where my only saving grace was my card drawing capacity (he ran out of counterspells before I did).
And I rmember a life gain deck duel that's still famous at our school because the life totals,at 1 hour 30 minutes into the game were approximately 4750, and 1200. Both players had used every card in their decks several times over, and only two well-times disenchants ended the game, after a two hour duel.

T

The Magic Jackal

No, the emporer game was really fun. Here's how it went. Lots of little creatures hit the board. My team member Wildfires.

Later My other team member gets out hermit, morphling, and opposition. I then Tecbreak leaving my oppos no land, but we still have some. The lose to a covetous dragon and morpling/squirrles, meanwhile I keep tecbreaking.

D

Daenen

My best match ever was my Dragon Wildfire deck matched against a Land Destruction deck. We both had so much fun, we dropped out of the tournament just to keep playing eachother.

The first game, I slaughtered him. However, the second game, he had three Viashino Heretics on the board on turn 5, so I was pretty much dead.

On game three, he did the same thing. He beat me down to 4 life, blowing up my artifacts and lands. On turn 7, I topdecked a Wildfire. Five miracle draws later, I threw down a Crater Hellion and a Covetous Dragon right after each other.

G

Gryphonclaw

I have had many long, involved games, but none of them will ever compare to my squirrel game.

This was back around visions, shortly after Liege Of The Hollows came out, when I figured out the combo Liege+False Demise+Ashnods Altar. This was supposed to amass many squirrels by sac'ing the liege multiple times to the altar. This was definitely not a killer deck, it took much time to work but when it did, well.....

So the first game I played it was an 8 player free-for-all. The player on my left was playing a black fattie deck, featuring lord of the pit and soul exchange. The other players were playing various non-killer decks, I don't really remember.

So in the first few turns the black-fattie player proposes a non-aggresion pact with me, wich is fine 'cause I have nothing. The game proceeds normally, a few players dropping, others developing, my deck slow but sure.

Black fattie gets the upper hand with a soul exchanged lord of the pit, starts wiping players off the board, in this scenario he is pretty unstoppable.

The game continues, alliances are made, broken, re-made, vendettas acquired, and so-on. All the time I'm just sitting here, nothing special on the board, just enough to not be a target due to weakness, and with black-fattie romping around, that non-agression pact is a life-saver. He's not protecting me, just drawing fire.

Finally it winds down to four of us, me, black fattie, and two other players, call 'em player 1 and player 2. By now I've developed my combo so thoroughly it's not even funny, two leiges, both with false demise, the altar, kaysa, (this was in the pre-hermit era.) and living lands. There isn't really anything significant on the board.

Then I hear black fattie make a proposal with player 1, they gang up on player 2, then me, then call it a draw. Player 1 is very agreeable with this. So, at the end of player 2's turn I tell him to wait.

I tap all my untapped lands for mana. I then sac' them all to the altar. I sac' all my creatures to the altar. I sac' liege of the the hollows to my altar. I produce about 12 or 13 squirrels. The other players, seeing this opportunity to get some critters, also pay mana, getting a few squirrels each. Then I sac' my leige again, and all my squirrels to the altar, doubling my squirrel count. Then my other liege, then again, (false demise) finishing with over 210 squirrels.

This was all at the end of the other players turn remember?

So on my turn I attack each other player with 70 2/2 squirrels, (kaysa), inflicting over 100 points overkill each.

Now many of you who read this will not be impressed, I mean, with loops and such it's possible to do unlimited damage, and even without loops I've seen more damage dealt. The cool part is that this was done with a nothing combo, incorperated in a naive deck, in an 8 player game, that went off around turn 30 or 40. In a format that did not have killer decks, although I hesitate to call it a format, we were all relative novices.

Regardless, that was probably my most glorious moment, winning was a nice afterthought.