2 Planar Void
???
???
???
???

Open to suggestions for the board....suggestion/thoughts also welcome

G

Gaea'sSaproling

i like it, everything seems to have good synergy, id cut one unmask for one duress tho ;)

other than that i dont much about pox builds

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I prefer the monoblack version. But I do remember Nether Void being converted to a black/green deck. This idea does have potential...

I think the mana base needs something like Chrome Mox to help cast spells like Pernicious Deed more easily in a deck that eats away at its own land supply...

Unmask never seemed to me to be a good card for Pox. The same goes for Contagion. You don't have that many cards to pitch generally. Of course, one could say the same for Chrome Mox, but that provides mana rather than using it, so I would replace the Unmasks and Contagion with Moxes.

How are the Factories working for you? It's a colorless mana source in a two-color deck, so I'm curious...

Why Chainer's Edict? It's worse than Diabolic except for the flashback, which seems too expensive for a Pox deck to ever pull off...

Other than that everything seems workable. I'm interested to see how this turns out...

Sideboard suggestions...

All I can think of now is Phyrexian Negator.

T

Tabasco

The Factories aren't that bad....if I ever get them they work good after a pox for quick damage. I haven't had a problem with the green mana yet... But I would like to replace the Talismans with a Mox Diamond and something else

The problem with with chrome mox however is that I would need to ditch a deed to play a deed.

They are the only thing that is green in the deck...

Thanks for posting...keep them coming plz

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, I agree about that issue with Chrome Mox. If you included it, you would have to keep your other sources that produced green as well, since the Mox would almost always be used exclusively for black mana...

What about increasing the Idol count, possibly by cutting Gladiators? Chimeric Idol is perfect for any Pox-heavy deck, since it is cheap, relatively big, and immune to Pox altogether...

T

Tabasco

One thing that I dont like however is that I can't attack with both a factory and a Idol...

I think I should cut 1 gladiator and add one Idol...another plus with the idol is that he is colorless damage.....can't have protection from that!!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, COP: Artifacts.

But I'd rather use Idols than Factories in Pox. They're bigger, they don't die to Pox, and they don't mess up the mana base, which is especially important in two-color Pox...

T

Tabasco

So I decided I am gonna take the factories out for forests...

Does this make things a little easier?

Also in response to the unmask and contagion..

...You dont need to worry about discarding to a pox if your hand is empty when the pox resolves. (1/3 of 0 is 0) This also makes these spells castable on first turn....

I mean if you get an Unmask and 2 duresses opening hand, u can play a duress and an Unmask. Unmask is a better discard spell when you take away the mana costs....Unmask gets rid of creatures...which about 95+% of decks have.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by Tabasco
Also in response to the unmask and contagion..

...You dont need to worry about discarding to a pox if your hand is empty when the pox resolves. (1/3 of 0 is 0) This also makes these spells castable on first turn....

I mean if you get an Unmask and 2 duresses opening hand, u can play a duress and an Unmask. Unmask is a better discard spell when you take away the mana costs....Unmask gets rid of creatures...which about 95+% of decks have.
A good point, and certainly a valid one. I tend toward a different school of thought on this though. Pox decks already have poor topdecking (compared to reactive control decks at least). If your hand is empty after a Pox and you draw Unmask (or worse yet, Contagion), it is almost certainly uncastable. In your opening hand, of course, it's a different situation altogether...

If it's a risk you're willing to take, then of course they are great cards when they do pay off.

T

train

4 Hymn to Tourach
3 Duress
4 Mind Burst
4 Pox

1 Kaervek's Spite
4 The Rack
3 Undead Gladiator
1 Gigapede

3 Pernicious Deed
3 Diabolic Edict
1 Drain Life (The perfect kill at the time of your choice)

1 Demonic Tutor
1 Vampiric Tutor
1 Yawgmoth's Win
3 Gaea's Blessing

4 Dark Rituals
4 Bayou
2 Tainted Wood
14 Swamp

SB
3 Planar Void
3 City of Solitude
3 Null Rod
3 Seedtime
3 Xantid Swarm

T

Tabasco

I might however sub out the Gladiators for the Idols as the Idols dont take a dirt nap when a Pox rolls through.

I am not sure why the Gaea's Blessing however?

This is a typical Train build....ANTI-BLUE!!!.....especially the Sideboard.

Unfortualately I dont have Bayous so I'll probably do 4 Tainted wood and 2 Forest.

I would also need to get alot of te board cards.....Like the Rods, Cities, and Swarms.

Nice build though

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, it looks solid to me too...

I'd rather go with monoblack myself, but this thing definitely has an extra edge against some decks...

The Xantid Swarms are crazy antiblue sideboard tech...

T

Tabasco

I'm thinking its more anti decking...cause Krosan Reclaimation would be a better choice for recycling....

yes its only 2 cards...but it also has flashback.

so that's 4 cards recycled vs. three.....man that would be sick to keep recycling Yawg's Win.....also helps replenish the lands from the grave..

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
But I don't think you want the Flashback ability as it then gets removed from the game. With the Blessings, you get three cards and use one of the choices to get another Blessing back, thus pretty much never running out of cards.

So if you take out the flashback, the Blessing is the better card here.

T

train

the blessings are extremely versatile - both anti-decking, draw advantage, and recycling - for never-ending cards...

For 2 mana, I get 3 more spells back into the deck to play later, and I get to draw... it is hard to beat...

Reclamation is a follow-up to blessing, and can cycle itself with another... but it then limits how much you can cycle... it's about efficiency...

Reasons for sideboard choices:
3 Planar Void - rids recurring decks - but tormod's crypt is probably a better option as void hurts me cycling...

3 City of Solitude - Not just anti-blue, but it does help. This can allow you to drop the deed, and pop it in one turn, without the chance of it getting disenchanted... you have total control...

3 Null Rod - stops so much nowadays...

3 Seedtime - definitely conditional... and good against the format...

3 Xantid Swarm - well - this acts about like city - and lets you decide when something happens...

T

Tabasco

I forgot that Blessing also cantrips....my bad....ok Its definitely better then :) :)!!

I am also thinking of using Sprirtmonger instead of the Gigapede.

I can regenerate him, he gets bigger, he doesn't cost double green,..and I can change his color....kinda a good evsion tactic.....

I do like Gigapede, but I think the spiritmonger would be a better choice here as a fatty with the same cost and power.

T

train

The Monger would be a good fattie as long as you can recur him - with blessings or something else...

Otherwise, the gigapede comes back through that non-useable land your holding...

It all depends on the rest of the build of the deck, and the recur ability...

:)