Munchkin!

L

Limited

I played it a couple of times, but found that the game quickly becomes chaotic because of the number of cards in play.

Fun the first couple of times, and certainly funny, but not a spectacular game.

E

EricBess

It's really not much of a strategic game. It's the sort of game that you play to have a bit of a laugh and then move on.

If you've never played it, I highly recommend playing it as many as 10 times, but after that, only with other people who have never played it.

The bottom line is that the cards are very funny, particularly if you have ever played D&D. It's sort of like a card-game version of D&D, but one that doesn't take itself very seriously.

O

orgg

It's like a Cheapass Game, but it cost you two to six times as much!

N

Nightstalkers

$20 for the "core" games and around $14 for expansions.

All of the "core" stuff and expansions can be heaped together to form... well... ridiculouslysupermunchkin!

M

mythosx

Munchkin is awesome. Seriously. It's like playing a pen and paper rpg in the span of 30 minutes. I play regularly and we have all the expansions.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
How long does it take to learn to play?
I'm always looking for games that can accommodate large numbers of players, is easy to learn, games don't run to long and isn't too much strategy.......

N

Nightstalkers

Umm... the game is simpler to learn than Bang! and Yu-Gi-Oh!

Hell, I'm still caught up by that whole trap thing where if your opponent attacks and you flip the trap that says "Destroy target attacking creature" there was no attack...

L

Limited

Mooseman said:
How long does it take to learn to play?
I'm always looking for games that can accommodate large numbers of players, is easy to learn, games don't run to long and isn't too much strategy.......
Spank the Monkey and Badaboom, both by Gigantoskop.

B

BigBlue

I mirror what's been said... it's really funny the first time or a few... and so are each of the expansions... but after that it's sort of drab... if you mix up the games, you can get silly things... like I have Star Munchkin and Munchkin Bites...

If you get the right group of people who get into Lunch Money... I like that game more... but with the wrong group who only play it as a card game and don't turn it into a plot... it's boring...

Munchkin is a game I play with my kids... they don't care about re-runs of the same silly cards... but for me, it got old after 3-4 plays...

L

Limited

BigBlue said:
If you get the right group of people who get into Lunch Money... I like that game
I really like Lunch Money too. What rules do you play with? Are you allowed to play sequences as a whole? Or do you have to go card-for-card?

B

BigBlue

We played sequences when they were allowed - like Humiliation, Pimp Slap, etc... or Block, Grab, etc...

but most of the time it was card for card. I haven't played in a while - the other person who really got into it too left... and everyone else wanted to just play it like a card game - without the emotion... and then it's sorta boring... the game is supposed to be fun-filled bullying etc with "extra" flavor beyond the cards... but I could never convince anyone else, so they got bored... sorta like Munchkin. It's funny once or twice, but once you've seen all the cards, they aren't as funny - just silly.

Our other game we all love - but don't play nearly often enough is Illuminati (not the CCG)... I got Steve Jackson to sign my deluxe edition box - and my favorite card (Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow). He's a really neat guy - used to come to our local game con annually - even when he wasn't presenting anything.

T

train

Glad to see others were into Lunch Money... I no longer have the cards, but recently saw the decks at Hatters... maybe I will purchase them after all...

As for Munchkin - how many players is it - 2?

B

Budget Player Cadet

Two words-Divine intervention. Mock your opponents... I don't get to play it that often, but I relish every moment of it.

B

Budget Player Cadet

My very favorite card is, however, the gender swap. Just the art is worth a thousand words.