multiplayer U/G deck: Lumbering Doom

K

krichaiushii

Hail and well met!

For my first post here at CPA, I have a deck that I am kicking around, and any input is welcome. As it stands, the deck is in theory only until I find a few key blue cards.

Without further ado, I present Lumbering Doom.

Creatures:
4 Lumbering Satyr
4 Hunted Wumpus
4 Quirion Elves
2 Verdant Force
2 Elvish Farmer
2 Spore Frogs

Spells:
4 Invigorate
2 Creeping Mold
2 Gaea's Blessing
1 Mirri's Guile
1 Vitalizing Wind
1 Natural Affinity
4 Counterspell
4 Propaganda
3 Brainstorm
3 Magical Hacks
2 Political Trickery

Land:
11 Forest
8 Island
4 Tropical Island

The objective of this fun deck is to gain allies through Hunted Wumpus and judicious use of Invigorate's ACC. Though the Satyrs provide Forestwalk, the Hacks and Political Trickeries ensure that my (and everyone elses') creatures go unblocked, leading to more games in the course of an evening. Both Natural Affinity and Vitalizing Wind act as finishers. Defense is provided through the Spore Frogs and Propagandas, while the Counterspells (I haven't decided on the exact combination of which 4 counter spells to use, yet) keep my game going.

Opinions are always welcome. Thanks.

M

Mikeymike

I have a few suggestions for you if you don't mind. Instead of the Elvish Farmer I would have Spike Weavers or Dawnstriders take their place. B/c if you have a hard time coming across a Propaganda, your Satyrs will probably sit in your hand.

I would probably also try to get more Hacks and Trickerys in there so you can Forest Walk more often. I would probably run Power Sink as the counter, although Arcane Denial, Rethink, and Mana Leak all work well in multicolor decks too.

Also, Gaea's Liege would work extremely well in here also. Don't forget the staple cards either like Sol Ring, Regrowth and Zuran Orb (which you can use to steal Forestwalk from someone). But its a solid, good looking deck, have fun w/ it.