Multiplayer Politics

I

Istanbul

Reminder:

You can go to your Control Panel (now called User CP). On the left, towards the bottom, is 'Buddy/Ignore Lists'. By adding a name...oh, let's say HOUTS...to the Ignore list, you won't see anything that person says.

H

HOUTS

Istanbul said:
Reminder:

You can go to your Control Panel (now called User CP). On the left, towards the bottom, is 'Buddy/Ignore Lists'. By adding a name...oh, let's say HOUTS...to the Ignore list, you won't see anything that person says.

Once again, I present my arguement, or side, and you just make childish remarks. Even people like this:

"HOUTS, why is it that everytime you on come here you are looking for a fight and/or to try to offend as many people as possible? Believe it or not, it is possible to make a point without being an antagonist.

EDIT

Duh, forgot the word 'an'"

Was I offending someone? Oh, I didn't realize. But maybe it because most of the people on here have offended me already. Or maybe I don't care. I can make a point WHILE being an antagonist.

If you guys don't like my comments, then ignore them. But, I promise you, I'll keep posting on your idiotic remarks. And the others I will ignore.
You guys just can't handle admitting when you are wrong. However, I'll gladly let you know...everytime.

HOUTS

M

Mikeymike

HOUTS said:
Once again, I present my arguement, or side, and you just make childish remarks. Even people like this:

"HOUTS, why is it that everytime you on come here you are looking for a fight and/or to try to offend as many people as possible? Believe it or not, it is possible to make a point without being an antagonist.

EDIT

Duh, forgot the word 'an'"

Was I offending someone? Oh, I didn't realize. But maybe it because most of the people on here have offended me already. Or maybe I don't care. I can make a point WHILE being an antagonist.

If you guys don't like my comments, then ignore them. But, I promise you, I'll keep posting on your idiotic remarks. And the others I will ignore.
You guys just can't handle admitting when you are wrong. However, I'll gladly let you know...everytime.

HOUTS
It's OK, you can refer to me by name.

Take this however you'd like Shawn. I'm not trying trying to pick a fight, and I apologize for jumping in when I'm really not trying to team-up, but you knew you were going to get under people's skin with your comments. Based on your response it sounds like your beef is with a particular few, I just ask that you don't bunch the entirety of the CPA into that group by taking random stabs at people who haven't been here long enough to **** with you.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
HOUTS said:
Um, the last time I remember...killing, ganging up, and good ole' teabagging was legal in MTG.
Uhh, I never said it wasn't :rolleyes:

I mean, (but thanks though) I understand the obvious "that is the way we play in our candyland world" but don't complain about it here. If they're your friends, obviously they understand what the 'so called' rules are set in place. However, even if they "disobey" those house rules-what are you going to do? Kick them out? Shake your finger at them and send them to your room? Isn't this a women's form of gossip by going and telling someone about this ****? Answer: Yes.
Once again, if you read the initial post, it seems there was some communication breakdown between the friends. Yes, they might have played together for a while but if someone does something "out of the blue" that hasn't been done by anyone in a while, you're going to be like "what did he do THAT for?" And yes, you can ask him directly what was he thinking, but like Isty's thread about his playgroup situation, it seems to me that the intent of the thread was to ask outsiders opinions, based on what little was given of the group dynamics, whether that player was out of line or Limited was out of line. And "last I checked", that's perfectly "legal" too.

If my friend came on here and wrote this **** about our "fun" games, I'll kick him in the head. Not because he might have questioned my 'unethical' play, but only because he was a moron enough to whine about a friggin' card game and waste the time writing about it. And, of course, for asking the liberal group of casualplayers.org for help.
What amazes me is that if this is just a card game, you even bother replying to this stuff. Of course, first you have to know the difference between actual whining and asking someone's opinion...

Ferret

Staff member
HOUTS said:

HOUTS
Well, there's a difference between replies and outright flames. A question for you, Shawn: Why do you post here? You comment about how stupid everyone else who posts here is, but here you are? Does this fill some void in your life by picking on people that play a different style than you? Does it increase your self-esteem to bully on other people? I've seen this from other users that have come here. After a while, they stopped w/ the ego crap and started to contribute some great work. However, you've been here for a while. When are you going to actually contribute anything worth reading?

-Ferret

"I'd put you on my ignore list, but I'm a moderator and I have to see everything."

I

Istanbul

Ferret said:
"I'd put you on my ignore list, but I'm a moderator and I have to see everything."
I'm a moderator, and I have him on MY ignore list.
As long as you're in the mood to tolerate him, be my guest. But I'm so through with that.

L

Limited

It means that Houts is not just annoying; he's annoying in such a way that it's not really something anyone can do about so even you (a moderator) has just opted to ignore him.

He's on my ignore list (which is now one person long) but I didn't think that option was open to a moderator.. Seems like you're in charge of keeping the forum neat and anything you want to ignore should be something to be 'reviewed'... but in this case HOUTS has done nothing to merit any real action (warning or banning or something).

So you choose to ignore him, and I wholeheartedly support that decision.. it just caught me by surprise.

Killer Joe

I don't know what EVERYONE thinks but this is a close-knit "Virtual" community and we're like friends who meet at a coffee house, we all have our own little grips and things that bother us so why can't we come here and express how we feel about them and in return read some worthwhile (and some not-so-worthwhile) responses?

Everyone has something to offer and besides, the dynamics of this place could use a little stretching.

T

TheCasualOblivion

Its funny. HOUTS really didn't say anything that would start me arguing with him, and I'm ALWAYS looking to start an argument.

I guess its probably because I'm not really enthusiastic about multiplayer, and HOUTS has never annoyed me before.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Talk about off topic.......
As to Multi-player politics, our group mostly has the attitude that everything is fair in Magic and it's usually all out war. It's all about winning. No agreements are binding and whining ("Hey, I'm no threat") is a valid way of politicing. But telling someone how to play during a game is a little bit over the line. Complain after the game. But if you need another players help to win, your deck or game isn't as good as you think.
I have many times "went after" another player in a game, but not to give the game to another, just to take that player out. I tell them that is what I am doing, and usually why (could be to teach them a lesson or for some minor action against me).
If one player asked another to "team up", I would then go after the asking player with everything I had, just to show that that tactic can blow up in your face.......
HOUTS, I can just ignore your posts if you annoy me, no filters needed.

H

HOUTS

Ferret said:
Well, there's a difference between replies and outright flames. A question for you, Shawn: Why do you post here? You comment about how stupid everyone else who posts here is, but here you are? Does this fill some void in your life by picking on people that play a different style than you? Does it increase your self-esteem to bully on other people? I've seen this from other users that have come here. After a while, they stopped w/ the ego crap and started to contribute some great work. However, you've been here for a while. When are you going to actually contribute anything worth reading?

-Ferret

I could ask you the same question-what have you offered up? When was the last time you wrote an article for SCG or here? What do you contribute by coming onto forums to argue with 'people such as myself'?
If you've looked, I've written numerous articles over the years, and I have the same right to be here. If I want to say something, even if you think it might be dumb or you disagree, I won't second guess.
And I didn't call everyone (once again another misquote) stupid. I did say that there is an elitist attitude and some people have egos. Did I mention those people? No. ,because that beef is with me and them. However, if you look around, you'll see people popping in with their two cents to try and get their shots in on me.
But, I really don't care. I've written here, contributed, and always been outspoken. If your conception of 'contributing' is different-so be it. And if moderators want to ignore me-so be it. You don't see me complaining, and I'll actually encourage anyone that wants to.
It amazes me how piped up people become whenever I say something that might offend them. If they are such the bigger man, why not just ignore my comments? There are allot of people I still respect, and you are not one of them Mr. Ferret, on this site. If you've ever looked, I've written for every site. Yep. And my articles on cheating, politics in Magic, warnings, stalling, game tactics, all display my enthusiasm for this game. Apparently I am not Will Brinkman's counter-part, am I now? I won't kiss oink Mr. Ferret, not yours or anyone else's. And BTW, it is a little hypocritical coming from you, considering some of your own actions you have displayed in games I've watched you play. I'd second guess your Clinton finger wagging at me.
The question arose about multi-player politics, and I replied. I have every right to do so. If you disagree- fair enough. I won't sugar glaze anything I write, and everyone who's known me (if you've paid any attention Mr. Ferret), or read my articles, know that I don't. Call me T.A.'s P.R.

"Once again, if you read the initial post, it seems there was some communication breakdown between the friends. Yes, they might have played together for a while but if someone does something "out of the blue" that hasn't been done by anyone in a while, you're going to be like "what did he do THAT for?" And yes, you can ask him directly what was he thinking, but like Isty's thread about his playgroup situation, it seems to me that the intent of the thread was to ask outsiders opinions, based on what little was given of the group dynamics, whether that player was out of line or Limited was out of line. And "last I checked", that's perfectly "legal" too."
Yes, and the last time I checked, it is perfectly legal to state my own opinion. I am sorry you disagree. As I stated before, if my friend came on here complaining, or seeking advice, I'd second guess my 'friendship' with him/her.

"What amazes me is that if this is just a card game, you even bother replying to this stuff. Of course, first you have to know the difference between actual whining and asking someone's opinion..."
Sorry I don't understand what you are saying. My remark on it 'merely being a card' game applied to the remarks, and actions, made on multiplayer 'politics'. And, oh, I know the difference between whining and asking for an opinion. Whining are the above replies over spilled milk. Go find a friggin' napkin and get over it. Asking for an opinion over spilled milk-now, that is just stupid.

"It's OK, you can refer to me by name.

Take this however you'd like Shawn. I'm not trying trying to pick a fight, and I apologize for jumping in when I'm really not trying to team-up, but you knew you were going to get under people's skin with your comments. Based on your response it sounds like your beef is with a particular few, I just ask that you don't bunch the entirety of the CPA into that group by taking random stabs at people who haven't been here long enough to **** with you."
Ok Mike, I see what you are saying. And apology accepted. But, you are right, I knew I was going to get under people's skins. But the skin here is so thin. Should that stop me from basing my opinion? Does anyone here actually know me? Have they actually met me? Both answers are "No". My persona on-line is exactly how I want it to be perceived, so I am not embarrassed about how I portray myself. You are right again, Mike, that my beef are with a few people, but those people are the ones who are in 'charge'. Or, they represent the trolling slim that resides on the forums; once it sticks, it is hard to get it off of you.
Let me repeat this again-I didn't bunch you all in. Those who understood my comments knew full well what I meant. If you didn't Mike-I apologize.

"I don't know what EVERYONE thinks but this is a close-knit "Virtual" community and we're like friends who meet at a coffee house, we all have our own little grips and things that bother us so why can't we come here and express how we feel about them and in return read some worthwhile (and some not-so-worthwhile) responses?

Everyone has something to offer and besides, the dynamics of this place could use a little stretching."
Yep-this one minded community (to those who are) could use a little stretching. From the beginning, till now, people realize how I will come off. So if you are so upset, stop reading my posts. Or, have the moderators, owners, ban me or knock me off. But they won't because they realize I am not doing anything that cause for them to do so. They also realize that not everyone is the same, and while I mean seem like an oink, I still bring something to the table-even if you disagree with what I say.

The best comparison I can make is with T.A.'s main component-Andy. What an oink he was on-line, and his writing was no better. But in real life, when you talk to him, you realize on-line doesn't transition over to reality. Personas are put out there for a reason, and the on-line community (regardless if you hate it) provides that outlet. Andy and I have a lot in common. But, let's be honest, some of you guys enjoy the attitude I bring, and even get bothered enough to reply. I must be doing something right.

HOUTS

O

orgg

it just caught me by surprise
Alright. A little history lesson: Once, I did a stint as editor of this here site for about a total of six to eight months. This was in the Black and Orange days, and mabe the beginning of the first light-blue scheme (that the CPA had done first-- The Dojo was still white-on-black) less than two years after the creation of this site.

HOUTS submitted articles. They're in the archive. He was on the Dojo's chatroom, and not very supportive of the CPA, the site that published his articles. "That crappy site that publishes my articles" is how he thought of us when directly questioned. At that point, I stopped editing, and just submitted the articles sans-edit. You may notice where that happened if you torture yourself via his archive. Istanbul took over my editing post, and he did edit HOUTS's work. His editorial style was not appriciated by HOUTS. Flaming Row, HOUTS goes elsewhere. Several Elsewheres.

Now he's back, and actually posting on the forums. History Lesson Over.

H

HOUTS

orgg said:
Alright. A little history lesson: Once, I did a stint as editor of this here site for about a total of six to eight months. This was in the Black and Orange days, and mabe the beginning of the first light-blue scheme (that the CPA had done first-- The Dojo was still white-on-black) less than two years after the creation of this site.

HOUTS submitted articles. They're in the archive. He was on the Dojo's chatroom, and not very supportive of the CPA, the site that published his articles. "That crappy site that publishes my articles" is how he thought of us when directly questioned. At that point, I stopped editing, and just submitted the articles sans-edit. You may notice where that happened if you torture yourself via his archive. Istanbul took over my editing post, and he did edit HOUTS's work. His editorial style was not appriciated by HOUTS. Flaming Row, HOUTS goes elsewhere. Several Elsewheres.

Now he's back, and actually posting on the forums. History Lesson Over.
First off, that isn't much of a history lesson. Secondly, I was NEVER (and yes, I can prove this) on DOJO chatroom's saying this. So this is infactual. I know this because while I knew of the DOJO at the time, and I've ALWAYS liked CPA. I've even linked my work from BB to you guys. Also, I have all my postings from Dojo when I wrote on the FORUMS, not the chatroom, and I KNOW I didn't EVER say anything like that. I've kept all my work, and I have DOJO archives. So please, don't spread infactual comments.

And Istanbul, you are a good example of the elitist attitude that presides here. Whenever I come on here, you stick your **** in without thinking. And, you've always been an idiot, personally, so whatever you say has NO creditibility to me, nor should it be for anyone else. Also, my articles weren't so much perceived, to myself, as actual article writing, but a BLOG, or personal diary, thoughts, where I could come. I've known Kurtis, 5 Colored, and a few others, from this site. They know me and ALSO know how much I've enjoyed writing here, REGARDLESS of the idiot sticks that reside here.

The editing job was horrible. And I am glad you didn't like my articles. Good.

HOUTS

D

DÛke

Not to add fuel to the flame, but...

...I agree that there is an underhanded elitist attitude amongst CPA members. I entertained writing a mockery of an article about casual players (even though I consider myself to be one), but scrapped the idea for few reasons. I definitely feel elitism though, but it doesn't phase or bother me. It is there, nevertheless, loud and clear to anyone who has eyes and ears. I'm staying away from "names" for the time being.

H

HOUTS

DÛke said:
Not to add fuel to the flame, but...

...I agree that there is an underhanded elitist attitude amongst CPA members. I entertained writing a mockery of an article about casual players (even though I consider myself to be one), but scrapped the idea for few reasons. I definitely feel elitism though, but it doesn't phase or bother me. It is there, nevertheless, loud and clear to anyone who has eyes and ears. I'm staying away from "names" for the time being.

Thanks for being honest.

It's funny how I might be the whipping boy for this site, but I've always been a commited writer (since 2000) and contributed with Notepad in any way I could. I've encouraged writers to come here and contribute. Everything is opposite of what is being written above.

HOUTS

D

DÛke

Well I'll be writing that article since I know I'm not the only one that feels that way, not that it matters who else feel the same way. I'm not sure it will be allowed here in the CPA, as it will make a lot of allusions to members and makes one great mockery of the whole "casual" thing, which slowly I'm beginning to suspect to be just another abstract term, like say, the term "arrogant" which is finding great use in the mouths of the weaker-minded individuals who, at the same time, can throw the fact that they are "casual players" in your face as if it added another level to their character and mental make up.