Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Free For All

• Teams

• Total voters
A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I'd like to propose a multiplayer game. I'd like to get at least 4 people in on this. You can use any deck you want, and keep track of it yourself(we all trust each other:)) We can play Free For all, Vanguard, or Teams. Post if you're interested and vote for what format you'd like.

I'll be playing my mono-white deck if that matters to anyone(you'll like this deck rkoelsch:D )

B

BigBlue

I'm game to try one.

Teams (two Headed Giant or Three Headed Dragon) is most intriguing...

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

alright I think this is good, obviously we have to have even numbers if we're playing teams.

If we do 2 headed giant, should we do where each team takes a unified turn? or each head takes a seperate turn.

either way we can start picking teams, doesn't matter to me its up to you guys.

B

BigBlue

We usually play unified turns where I am, but that won't be as easy to coordinate online without table talk or PM's. I would prefer to do unified turns, but it wouldn't bug me if it was separate. unified turns => unified life totals, however you have to declare who you attack for the purpose of landwalking or COP etc... ie if one player has CoP: Black, you attack the other with your Black Knight and the team is unable to prevent the damage via the CoP. Also this makes Propaganda worthless unless both players have one, or if you want to Islandwalk that player...

The other consideration with unified turns is whether each team or each player takes damage from global things like Earthquake...
We play it that a team only takes it once, rather than doubling it, but I can see it either way.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Unified turns sounds fine by me, yeah global things that target players only hit once since technically there is only one player and 2 heads.

T

train

I say we ask a member of CPA to PM numbers to them, and the highest and lowest number are on a team, and then the 2 middle numbers are on a team...

That way it's random...

Of course anything is fine by me...

I already have a deck in mind...;)

B

BigBlue

train and Azreal vs Spidey and me.... first poster with last vs two middle posters....

I could really care less, we are likely all on par...

whatever the group decides. I'm sure EB would do the honor if you asked him for the random choice...

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

that works for me, as long as Spidey and train are good with it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Those teams are fine...

So are we going by unified teams? This is all new to me since I've never played this before, but I'm up for it.

And any decks, huh?

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Alright so I guess we have our teams, and we'll do unified turns. Any deck is fine Spidey. I'll let you guys go first, unless train has a problem with that, but I don't see him having one.

I'll make a new thread:)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I got confused in your other post. Do both teams "play" at the same time, or does one head take a turn and then the other? Or does it matter?

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

in a unified game you would both take your turns at the same time, but since we can't really do that online both "heads" take seperate turns but your attacks will be considered to be at the same time. I'm not sure how BigBlue does this, but my group usually plays that you can block for your partner.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Should I wait for a majority vote (i.e. one more person) or just go ahead and do my play?

I haven't seen train on yet though and he usually gets on about 7 AM EST. He might be out today.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I think you guys can go ahead and take your turns

B

BigBlue

Is it ok to tell partner your next play in case you aren't on? I just sent mine, but if you guys aren't going to, then I wont.... I realize train isn't here to say yea or nay...